18.

"i'm sorry for not texting you back

"i'm sorry for not texting you back."

her bandmates' faces shifted in reaction to the sound of yn's voice. before going to school on monday, she considered what she should say to them, and apologizing seemed like the best option. she texted everyone on sunday as she was returning from tokyo, apologizing for not responding and explaining that she needed some time, but she still felt the need to apologize again to everyone in person.

"oh my god."

she grinned broadly at their reaction and spun around to show them her new look better. she still had to wear her school uniform, but she finally worked up the courage to put some fun bows in her hair, make her own make-up, and wear a lot of jewelry. exactly like her old self. after months of minor changes, she was finally back.

"you're alive!"

koganegawa embraced her as soon as he saw her.

"is that why you didn't answer anyone for five days?"

semi leaned in with a worried expression on his face.

"yes..."

"are you feeling better?"

"yes..."

be sighed deeply and hugged her tightly in relief. he wasn't mad at her, maybe for a brief moment, but it was because he was really worried about her and he thought about the worst possible scenario.

"good."

"you look cool."

akinori said with a soft smile and pulled lightly one of her two braids.

"ouch!"

"yn?"

the volleyball team had finished their morning practice and were on their way back to school from the gym when they noticed the yn.

"hello!"

yn was in a great mood, which caused her to smile at everyone she looked at.

"i'm sorry for not texting you back, again."

"it's okay, you're feeling better, right?"

she couldn't help but soften her smile in response to suna's words. he was always so caring, and she always felt safe when he was around.

"i am, i really am."

"you look like a fucking chupa-chups, yn! the strawberry and cream one!"

atsumu agressivly patted her hair, trying his best not to mess her hairstyle.

"it suits you."

"you look really pretty."

"ahh, being single makes me bloom."

she giggled at the twins' compliments while fixing her hair.

"you broke up with suguru?"

they all looked at suna, who had asked this question a little too eagerly. atsumu lightly pushed him with his shoulder, revealing that he was aware that his friend might have feelings for yn, even though suna wasn't even thinking about it. atsumu thought he was great at reading people's emotions, even if the emotions were deep deep. anyway, who could blame suna? yn was an incredibly sweet person who was also talented, interesting, and extremely attractive, overall, great girlfriend material.

"uhh, i did, but... it seemed like he didn't understood."

she wasn't the one who sent the message, but that didn't mean she was going to back down. it was the last thing she needed to do before she could fully enjoy her life again.

"please hold this for me, thank you."

yn handed her bag to koganegawa and walked up to daishou, who had just entered the schoolyard, with confidence flowing from her body. she had no choice. it was either now or never. she remembered every mean kid she wasn't afraid to punch as a kid in hopes of feeling more confident.

"daishou!"

she said it loudly to get his attention. daishou squinted his brows at her, judging her with his gaze.

"why do you look this way?"

"it's none of your business now. i thought my message to you was clear, but you have more audacity than i thought. do you understand that I'm breaking up with you?"

"stop making scenes, yn, we can talk about it somewhere else."

yn expected answer like that from him, but she didn't expect that it will literally make her blood boil. he really thought speaking her mind was making scenes? oh, so she will give him a scene he never saw.

"i'm going to make a scene and be as dramatic as i want to be wherever i want! at least, i'm not as pathetic as you, to tell a girl 'no' when she's breaking up with you."

she turned around to walk back to her friends, but it still didn't feel like enough. she was finally brave enough to tell him something she had been thinking about for a couple of months after a year of constant humiliation and constant changing herself to prove to daishou that she deserved his love. this was the time to let it all out.

"you can go fuck yourself!"

that was it. and it felt amazing. as if a rock had finally fallen off her heart.

she tried not to lower her head as she walked back to her friends, she had gotten too much attention on herself to now act like a sad puppy who chewed on a shoe. not like she regreted that, but it was still a little embarrassing to scream at someone in front of people.

"oh my god, i did it... why did i do it in front of half the school?"

she took back her bag and looked at her friend with concern. what if one of the teachers overheard her yelling swear words?

"don't worry, you did the right thing."

suna placed his hand gently on her back and patted her lightly.

"at least he won't trick anyone into thinking you're still together after that."

"yeah! semi is right, and it was also totally badass, yn!"

yn smiled at koganegawa, who always seemed amazed by everything she did. he was undoubtedly her favorite first-year student ever.

"so... yn, you're single now, yeah?"

atsumu placed his elbow on her shoulder and leaned in. it looked like a dramatic attempt at flirting straight out of a movie.

"leave her alone, tsumu."

"i'm just asking for a friend."

he shrugged his shoulders, trying not to look in suna's direction to make his little joke less obvious.

"you better tell us about your weekend, ln."

with these words, suna removed his hand from her back and fixed his bag on his shoulder. yn and her deep passion for talking made her forget about being embarrassed in front of the students.

"oh my god, so! i was talking with my best friend, bokuto, friday evening..."

𓆩☆⋆。°🏐✧♪˖°🎤°.•☆𓆪