9.

"guys, you know, daishou is literally at every game we play, even though it's just practice

"guys, you know, daishou is literally at every game we play, even though it's just practice."

kita had known it since their first year, but it had slipped his mind, and he hadn't told anyone about it, even if he heard how atsumu and suna had asked yn to see their game. he felt bad about it, but he knew it wasn't his fault, he just didn't think about it at the time, and it was too late now, because they were already changing into their uniforms before the game.

"wait, really?"

atsumu quickly put on his shirt and looked at their captain with visible surprise on his face.

"really, tsumu, consider going to an eye doctor."

"i think i'd cry if i saw my boyfriend in a place where he didn't want to be with me."

aran murmured as he stretched his muscles one more time before the game.

"there's not much we can do about it right now."

even though osamu was correct, it still bothered them. yn sat with them almost every day at lunch, and they grew very fond of her. she was so friendly and open to everyone that it was easy to become attached to her. she didn't deserve to be hit in the heart again by her boyfriend, who was already hurting her by ignoring her for imaginary reasons. yn told them what happened between the two of them, and they were dumbfounded at how daishou turned around the problem she was discussing.

"maybe she won't notice him."

said atsumu, but to be honest, daishou was the first person to catch his eye when they walked out onto the court. there was no way yn would overlook him. speaking of her, she was just walking into the gym, waving to them and dragging three boys with her.

"hi!"

"at least try to act natural."

suna punched his friends, who had a look of guilt on their faces. even if they were concerned about what would happen, they should not show it and make yn suspicious.

"hi, ln."

"oh my god, are they your siblings?"

atsumu stared at three identical boys. he always felt so special about being an identical twin because meeting twins wasn't so common, but the yn's siblings happened to be identical triplets, which easily beats his being a twin.

"yup! hikaru, haruki, and hiroto! this is suna, atsumu, osamu, kita-san, and oijiro-san."

he introduced each of them, and it was at this point that members of the team could take a closer look at them. they were similar to yn, but no one would guess they were siblings if they didn't know it already. they had the same eye color and nose shape as she did, but it didn't even stand out. the thing that stood out the most, that made them look nothing alike, was how brightly she was smiling and how intimidating they looked, possibly because they were so tall for their age.

"i thought they'd be little kids."

haruki and hikaru were locked in a staring contest with atsumu and osamu. hiroto was too preoccupied with looking around the gym. he was more reserved than his brothers, but it only made him look the most intimidating of the three.

"but they are? they're only eleven."

yn still treated her brothers the same way she did when they were five, and she knew it wouldn't change even when they will be twenty.

"don't act like you're that much older."

haruki rolled his eyes and crossed his arms across his chest.

"ha! you lost!"

"leave the kid alone, atsumu..."

"i am not a kid!"

"don't yell at my friends."

yn tugged on her brother's ear, causing him to whince in pain. he quickly said 'sorry,' but then showed his tongue to atsumu and suna to insert the domination or something.

"yn, you said mr. fake ass snake wouldn't be here."

"oh, he's not here, hiroto."

the fact that yn didn't even try to yell at her brother for calling her boyfriend names made the three of them suspicious. when they did that, she always yelled at them. what happened? they exchanged glances before returning to the subject.

"but he is, look."

hiroto pointed to daishou, who was about to sit in the last row of the bleachers.

"oh."

"i'm going to kick his ass."

hikaru drew his sleeves, ready to fight, and haruki patted his shoulder to show him that he was rooting for him, but yn stopped him by catching the collar of his sweatshirt.

"stop, you dumbass!"

"i may be a dumbass, but i'm also a man."

"you're not, so shut up. maybe he just changed his mind, that's fine."

yn tried hard to understand her boyfriend without jumping to conclusions."

"uh, yn he is always here."

but atsumu was quick to crush her hopes. she was hoping that daishou finally understood why coach didn't let him in the volleyball team and accepted it. she always thought it would be nice to see him watching games because he enjoyed them so much.

"oh."

"you should say it differently!"

"i thought about ripping off the band-aid!"

"you're stupid."

"it's okay."

yn quickly stopped the bickering between the miya twins and Suna, who looked at her with worry. they knew she'd find out, but they hadn't considered how they could help her through it.

"it's fine, we don't have to spend all of our time together. i'm going to the restroom; you can choose your seats, i'll be back soon."

she said to her brothers with a small smile as she walked past her friends, trying not to look at them.

"she's crying again."

haruki was the first to break the silence between them.

"she did her make-up for like two hours today."

'that's why she seemed even happier today,' something clicked in suna's mind. he noticed that she looked different, but he was too fixated on 'the daishou problem' to notice what was different.

"i'm gonna kick his ass."

osamu felt some responsibility for the boy, so he catched his shoulder and stopped him, but before he could tell him one of the many responsible talks he gave to atsumu, hiroto spoke up.

"nah stop, let one of her boyfriends do that."

"uh, what?"

they looked at the boy, confused, not knowing what he meant by "boyfriends" or what he expected from them.

"well? you are like her only friends she had in year so take care of her."

"yeah! and kick his ass!"

"yeah, kick his ass for us."

hiroto backed up his brother and smiled at yn's friends before dragging his brothers to the bleachers.

"well, now i want to kick his ass."

kita walked past atsumu and patted his shoulder, knowing exactly where to direct his extra energy.

"just hit the ball hard instead."

𓆩☆⋆。°🏐✧♪˖°🎤°.•☆𓆪