32.

"listen to this, his little sister has a crush on at least one of my brothers, and i tried to talk about her with them, obviously, but they act as if they have no idea who i'm talking about! and they're acting suspiciously!"

"maybe they don't know who she is?"

she had been thinking about what she wanted to talk about since saturday, which is why she chose to sit with a few volleyball team members instead of her band friends, because they would meet after school for practice either way, and lunch was the only time she could catch suna, atsumu, osamu, aran, and kita together.

but osamu crushed her spirits. she enjoyed gossiping, but the art of gossiping must have been too refined for someone like him.

"excuse me, but are you their sister since 17 years or me?"

"actually, they're eleven years old, so eleven years."

when she heard suna correct her, a line appeared between her brows. she took some of her food from her lunchbox and shoved it right in front of his lips. he was more than happy to eat it, since yn told him earlier that her mom made her delicious fried rice.

"this should shut you up, enjoy."

he looked at her, disappointed that it wasn't just a nice gesture from her side.

"i like the two of you together."

"that was very random, atsumu."

"he's right, you're a perfect match for each other."

suna squinted his eyes, attempting to kill his friends for their not-so-subtle attempt to be his wingmen or something. he told them about their sleepover in some detail, and now they couldn't pass up any chance to tease their lovebirds about it or hint that they knew how obviously they liked each other.

"yn, let's talk."

after their heated argument on friday, the last thing she needed was inoue bugging her again.

"if you want something from me, just say it right there."

she didn't tell anyone else about what happened, but judging by the reaction of the rest of the table, they didn't like inoue even without knowing how much of a creep he was.

suna's hand around her waist drew a quick glance from Inoue, who chuckled lightly.

"are you serious, you two? i thought you'd move on after getting dicked down..."

everyone's gasps revealed that their 'talk' had become an attraction for the entire cafeteria. they could also hear daishou's laugh. if he didn't laugh, it would probably end in a fight between suna, who was ready to get up even though he didn't like violence, and inoue, possibly with atsumu, and probably the rest who would try to split them up before the teacher arrived, but he did laugh. and he did remind her of something she could use right now.

"does that mean you'll never get over your cousin, who avoids you after you told her you two should fuck?"

yn said it loudly, but in the sweetest possible tone she could achieve.

and the gasps that followed? not even comparable to those following his line.

"what the fuck?"

he ignored how loudly atsumu wheezed, which caused many people to laugh.

"how do you know that?"

inoue asked quietly, moving closer yn, prompting suna to extend his hand to keep the third year at a safe distance.

"let's just say that no secret was safe with suguru."

"why would you tell her that?!"

inoue turned around to face his (probably ex) best friend, ready to throw hands.

"i didn't! seriously!"

"you were the only person i told this!"

they went back and forth on this until inoue had had enough of daishou's lies and decided to punch him in the face. a few of their friends attempted to split them up, but one of the teachers came into the cafetera and saw it first. after a few of the third-year boys walked in the direction of the principal's office, the cafeteria fell silent.

until atsumu snorted loudly, when he remembered what had happened moments before. it resolved any remaining tension in the cafeteria.

"do you have any other aces up your sleeve?"

atsumu asked, wiping the tears from his eyes from laughing too hard.

"i can't tell you how much, but i have a lot. suguru was telling me almost everything about his friends, but i never considered using it against anyone."

"you should start, it was good to see suguru finally get hit."

kita nodded at aran's words even though he wasn't a fan of people throwing punches at each other, it was nice to see suguru get what he deserved after three years, especially from the hand of his own best friend, what an irony.

"are you alright, yn?"

suna could finally let out the worry that had been building up inside him after everyone had returned to eating their lunches and chatting. after all, she might feel bad after the unexpected approach, after what happened between them, and he didn't want her to go through that again.

"yes, i'm okay."

she smiled and took his hand from behind her back to place it on her knee, where she could easily place hers over his and gently caress his skin with her thumb.

"are you okay, tarou?"

yn had to ask because inoue wasn't just trying to get on her nerves, but also suna's.

"i'm fine, don't worry."

he replied with a small smile and returned to his meal, until he noticed how yn referred to him.

"tarou? where did you get that?"

"your aunt called you like that, and i think it's cute."

"i changed my mind, i can't look at them two together..."

atsumu whispered to the closest person sitting next to him, kita, who hit his arm, stopping him from disrupting with this sweet moment between two lovebirds.

𓆩☆⋆。°🏐✧♪˖°🎤°.•☆𓆪

ahh i miss high school cafeteria drama....

btw hope yall enjoy the update<3 i'll try my best to finish it quickly so yall won't be left without ending hehe