35.

atsumu squinted his eyes and tried to see under across the table

atsumu squinted his eyes and tried to see under across the table. his usual seat beside the table was brutally taken away from him because osamu was talking with yn about some complicated cake recipe or something like that, which atsumu didn't really care about. he only cared about whether he was correct or not.

"what is wrong with you?"

aran asked, his eyes wide with confusion as he looked at his friend.

"nothing."

he quickly responded and stood up, tired of trying to be discreet.

"you two are holding hands underneath the table!"

he was correct. he thought, as he always did.

suna raised an eyebrow, and yn looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"they're always touching each other."

osamu didn't understand why holding hands was something worth shouting for all to hear.

"we are not?!"

yn responded immediately, literally taken aback by osamu's (obviously false) statement.

"first of all, you are, second, I am smart, unlike some of us sitting beside this table, so let me explain, holding hands is on a whole different level, and my intuition is telling me that these two are now official."

atsumu pointed his finger at his two friends, who responded in two ways.

yn opened her mouth to say something, but she couldn't think of anything. after the party, they were still not officially official, but they both revealed their feelings, so it should be easy from now on. one of them had to ask, the other would say yes, and that was the end of it, right?

"yeah, we are."

suna, on the other hand, just smirked and admitted that atsumu was correct. he then returned to sipping his juice through a straw.

"since when?"

yn let go of her not-boyfriend's hand and turned to face him more directly.

it's not like she disagreed with what he said, but it sure sounded like she did, and it made suna's friends laugh.

"because it's easier to tell them we're official than it is to explain why we aren't."

"why not yet?"

they both looked at atsumu, who was deeply involved in the situation as if it were the latest celebrity gossip about his favourite actors.

"well... because..."

yn attempted to explain, but each explanation sounded stupid in her head. they could be official, but there was no good time to ask, and everything had to be done on good time. why bother explaining it to boys if they won't understand?

"okay, we're not getting the explanation today, but we're all happy for you. moving on, i heard our math teacher is..."

𓆩☆⋆。°🏐✧♪˖°🎤°.•☆𓆪