23.

"this song is really good, yn

"this song is really good, yn."

"you... hm, thank you, semi, i really worked hard on that one!"

she smiled broadly, unsure whether she was pleased with the compliment or with how she reacted as a result of it. she had to admit that she wasn't the best at it yet, but she began to catch herself before seeking more assurances. she began to believe that people who praised her truly meant it because she was believing in herself more, and she was slowly realizing that there were things inside her that deserved to be praised.

"it's easily one of my favourite ones from you!"

"thank you, kanji."

he said that about every single song she showed them, but it was really cute. koganegawa was her biggest fan, and he made sure she knew it.

"are we going to include it in the festival choices? we need to think about it more seriously right now."

the festival was getting closer and closer, and yn was getting nervous just thinking about it. they all agreed that she should sing because she thought she would be ready until then, but... she was skeptical. semi was a great singer; if she backed down, he could sing alone, right?

"i don't think it's a good choice for the festival... it's a little slow, it'd be great for a prom or something."

"yes, aki is right."

"i'd like to perform one song at the festival to showcase my drumming skills!"

"is that even a word?"

"of course it is..."

"i don't think so."

"leave your underclassman, semi or you'll have to fight with me!"

semi just rolled his eyes at how protective yn was of koganegawa. they were both a pain in the ass at times. too bad he really loved them.

"go home already, get some rest."

he smiled at them and exited their practice room before they could tell him how great this practice was and how he should rest as well. he didn't need to hear their cute... and sweet... and really adorable compliments because he already knew it. real pain in the ass.

they quickly parted ways, and yn went straight to the gym, where volleyball club was most likely finishing up their practice. she couldn't wait to tell suna how she reacted to semi's compliment. she hoped he'd give her one of his pretty smiles, which he always gave her when he was proud of her.

this thought caused her to pause for a moment.

but she just shrugged. it was natural to wait for your friend to be proud of you, right? it was natural to want to see them smile as well.

𓆩☆⋆。°🏐✧♪˖°🎤°.•☆𓆪

i have beef with wattpad because why ?! WHY WHEN I PUBLISH A CHAPTER I SEE NEXT DAY THAT IT'S STILL A DRAFT ‼️‼️