26.

"i once convinced her that being left-handed didn't exist and she tried to make herself right-handed, so she wrote everything with her right hand

"i once convinced her that being left-handed didn't exist and she tried to make herself right-handed, so she wrote everything with her right hand."

yn rolled her eyes at the story brought up by bokuto. they had been arguing for about ten minutes about which of them was more naive after atsumu said that the two of them were the easiest people he knew to lie to because they were both too trusting and nice to everyone.

"you're dumb for picking this one story to prove that i'm more naive than you because your mom grounded you for about a week after that."

"but i convinced you because you are naive."

bokuto pointed a finger at her, which she quickly pushed away from her face, and pointed her finger at him. suna noticed that they were pointing fingers at each other with half of what they were saying, so it had to be something they did when it was their turn to speak, looked like habit.

"no, you were the one who was naive enough to believe it wouldn't come out. my teacher called my mom to tell her that i had stopped writing normally like i used to, and I cried to her about how bokuto told me that being left-handed doesn't exist, and i thought i would vanish if i ever wrote anything with my left hand again, so my mom called bokuto's mom, and she grounded him for being mean to me. dumbass."

"is that where atsumu got the idea a week ago to tell me that left-handed people don't exist?"

"i thought it would work out, and you're the only left-handed person i know, aran."

"tsumu, i'm eighteen, not eight."

"i just wanted to check!"

they had a longer break between games, so they sat outside to get some fresh air and rest. inarizaki won two of the three games they played, but according to bokuto, the wins were only by two points after both teams scored 25 points, so it was barely counting.

"i'll go to the bathroom."

suna said as he stood up. he said it quietly because he didn't want to interrupt their discussion about how simple it is to get atsumu to do something. looking at how his friends and yn's friends get along always made him smile, even if her friends were their opponents in the upcoming tournaments.

"it's really enough to call you a coward and you'll do anything."

"it's not true!"

"i'll be back in a minute."

yn said quickly and stood up a few seconds after suna walked away. everyone was too involved in the miya twins' argument to ask her where she was going. they were all aware of where she was going, which is why no one asked.

"suna."

she said it as soon as she saw him walk out of the bathroom.

"ln."

when she didn't continue, he responded. she just stood there in front of him, as if she was trying to say something, but nothing came out of her mouth.

"is it later now?"

"huh?"

"you said that i could hug you later. is it later now?"

how was he supposed to keep his cool when yn was always close by, ready to melt his heart with a few words without warning? it wasn't even the fact of hugging her that made him feel warm inside, it was the way she really waited for them to do it. it was just... really sweet. he liked that she looked forward for it.

"yes, later can be now."

he said, opening his arms for her to tightly hug him. she had a strong grip on him, but it didn't bother him. it was very comfortable. it was only their second hug, so he wasn't used to it, but it wasn't as awkward as he expected. every day, they shared more and more small touches, so a full hug didn't feel groundbreaking, but it was obviously new. 'my heart can explode at any time' type of new.

"i just wanted you to have more fun with bokuto rather than hugging me earlier, because you have me here every day and he lives far away, and you don't see each other every day and stuff."

suna was the first one to break the silence between them. who would have guessed he'd speak out of nervousness?

"you are oversharing."

she laughed and lightly patted his back. yn really liked it when he did that, there was just something so sweet in the moments when suna would just ramble about something.

"why do you still call me 'ln'?"

she asked all of a sudden.

"what do you mean by why?"

"you always call me 'yn' when you text me, but you've never called me that in person."

"i guess i'm just working up the courage to call you by your given name in person."

he also smiled, as she could tell by the way he spoke. it was even cuter for her to hear people smile than to see them do so.

"alright, whenever you're ready."

yn chuckled, squeezing him before gently letting go of him. not that she wanted to, but they had to do it before someone noticed or suna was late for practice after their break. what would be the harm if someone saw them? it's not like they were secret lovers...

"when you're ready, you can call me by my given name as well."

suna spoke quietly while brushing her hair with his hand.

"alright, rintarō."

she said it with melody in her voice, which caused him to stop walking. if she had to be honest, she had been waiting for this moment, she had already started calling most of her friends by their first names, and it felt strange that she and suna were still calling each other by their last names, despite the fact that they were closer in friendship than anyone else, and yet they were calling everyone by their first name but not each other.

suna's heart squished so hard when she called his name with ovbious happiness in her voice, that it almost hurt, and when he thought about hearing that every day... he would die after one day.

"i changed my mind, don't call me by my given name."

"heh?! why? yah, rintaro why are you running away from me?!"

𓆩☆⋆。°🏐✧♪˖°🎤°.•☆𓆪

they are just too cute i love them so much