11.

"i can't take it any longer

"i can't take it any longer."

aran groaned as he shoved another cupcake into his mouth.

the cupcakes were, of course, from yn, who has been bringing the team baked goods on a daily basis since their practice game. that was the only interaction they'd had since that day. yn was coming into the gym every day, leaving a paper bag full of cookies or a container with pieces of pastry, telling them to take care, and then leaving.

"if it makes her feel better, the only thing we can do is eat her pastries every day."

"does she seem to be feeling better, 'tsumu?"

they turned to look at the girl who sat alone beside the school band's table. suna was right, she didn't look any better.

yn turned down every invitation to sit with them at lunch and every invitation to walk home with them, they tried asking her about it as a group and individually, but nothing seemed to work. everyone would give up if it was about anyone else, but one look at her sad puppy eyes (and some motivation from suna and atsumu for osamu (who was really shy around yn) kita and aran) was enough to keep going. they couldn't force her to spend time with them, but their options were shrinking. 

"i just don't understand why she won't sit with us."

aran mumbled, his mouth full of cupcake.

"i think i just got it."

they all looked at suna, waiting for an answer.

"look at the table where she seats. you see, no matter how hard we try to make her feel like she's a part of the group, it won't work because the band was her group, they were the thing that connected her to her old self before daishou changed her, and they are the friends she needs this time, not us."

he said this while trying not to say anything strange or bad about their friendship with yn.

"damn suna, you must have thought about this a lot."

"i just tried to figure out a way to help her."

"damn, you really care about her."

suna was clearly irritated by the miya twins' comments.

"you don't?"

he mumbled, his arms crossed across his chest. it was a good comeback, but it exposed his true feelings because of how defensive he became.

"first, let's talk to eita-san."

𓆩☆⋆。°🏐✧♪˖°🎤°.•☆𓆪