13.

suna was right when he told the team that yn needed her friends back

suna was right when he told the team that yn needed her friends back. the difference was seen immediately, she started talking with the team right after her reunion with the band, and she finally accepted suna's invitation to walk home together again. however, these were obvious changes that everyone could see. suna could notice that yn put on her makeup today, and it was far more colorful than usual, the ribbon bow girls were supposed to wear, like boys ties, were tied more loosely today, and she wore high knee socks, which she never wore. that was too many small details that didn't matter, and suna was embarrassed for noticing them.

"i heard you're back in band."

"hell yes i am!"

yn smiled brightly as she clapped and raised her hands in the air.

"i'm not sure i'll be singing anytime soon because i don't feel ready after such a long break, but i can still play the keyboard or the guitar."

"thats really cool, you little rockstar."

he pushed her lightly with his shoulder.

"i'm not a rock star..."

"you're definitely some kind of a star."

yn smiled and shifted her gaze away from suna. she wasn't used to hearing such things. maybe a year ago she would have responded with more than an embarrassed smile and scoff, but now it was all she could do.

"i'm not a star either."

"you could be. you were a shining star your first year, and i can still see it in you."

it was now her turn to shove him away with her hand. the only difference was that she put a lot more strenght into it.

"you better look at yourself! you are the one with "sparkle.""

"really?"

suna was really amused by what yn said. he was curious if it was only try of changing the subject from her, or if she really meant something deeper.

"yave you ever seen yourself playing? you look really cool! i can't believe you know how to block or spike in a split second! you get all attention with everything you do so easily, because of how focus and serious you are on the court!"

she was meaning something deeper, and it made him feel very warm on the inside. he liked compliments, even if he pretended to be too cool to respond to them.

"you pay close attention."

"duh! of course i do, i'm an oversharer, but you're not, so i pay attention to things you do to get to know you better."

oh, this girl really is gonna be the death of him. yn always acted as if what she does is the most obvious thing to do for everyone. but they weren't. not many people would try to adapt to another person's way of being without being asked, and she did it so naturally that he felt special. he must be very important to her for her to do such a thing for him, right?

"you're really sweet, yn."

She gave him a wide-eyed stare. This was not the first time she had heard this sentence from Atsumu, but it was the first time she had heard such straightforward sweet words from Suna.

"you think?"

She quickly raised her hands when she noticed how he squinted his eyes.

"I'm just playing with you. thank you."

"I see you're not playing, you just thought of an excuse right now."

Suna was far too observant to overlook it. yn always responded to even the slightest praise with the words 'you think?' and tone that made it clear that she needed another reassurance to believe what she heard.

"shut up..."

"oh? someone is feeling bold?"

he teased her with a smirk, leaning in her direction to bring their faces to the same level, making her even more embarrassed.

"stop doing that!"

yn punched him in the arm, then crossed her hands on her chest, acting offended.

"do you remember when i said we needed to work on your ability to accept compliments? my point is still valid."

"i don't really need them anyway."

she rolled her eyes and murmured. few of her friends were the only people she talked to in the entire school, and while she felt more open to people after her reunion with the band, there was nothing about her that made other people compliment her.

"you will after you blow up your little sparkle inside."

"and what does that mean?"

yn raised one brow, looking at suna, who turned away from her casually because they were already next to his home.

"think about it by yourself. see ya tomorrow, star."

𓆩☆⋆。°🏐✧♪˖°🎤°.•☆𓆪