36.

yn leaned against the wall, waiting for the end of classes

yn leaned against the wall, waiting for the end of classes. she would be home already if she walked home after finishing her classes, but she preferred to wait for suna to walk home with him. she just loved going on walks with rintarō, they were always so much fun, especially since suna was way more observant than her and he was pointing out all the things she would miss, like a cat sitting next to a tree or a yellow car, she loved the way he was petting her head when she got all excited because of a car's rare seen color. she also liked how he held her hand without hesitation as they began walking together.

the walks with suna were the best thing ever.

a loud ringing rang throughout the school, and students began to leave a few moments later. most of the time, yn sighed loudly at the thought of how tall suna was, because he was using his height against her, but in moments like this, he was acceptable as some kind of tower. in a sea of students of average height, he was easy to spot.

"hi, tarō."

she smiled as she swayed with her hands tied behind her back.

"we've seen each other a million times today already."

suna extended his hand to her and waited for her to take it.

"i know, i was just catching your attention."

yn smiled broadly and intertwined her fingers with suna's.

"you have all of my attention, darling."

for a split second, she tried to play hard to get, but she turned her head away, giggling to herself. she wasn't hard to seduce, she melted whenever suna called her a petname or complimented her.

"let's go."

yn pulled his hand slightly, but a sudden shout next to her brought her to a stop.

"it's fucking raining, i'm going to kill myself!"

it was, in fact, raining. yn didn't notice because her mind was too preoccupied with suna's flirtatious comment, but he seemed to notice because he let go of her hand and looked for the umbrella he had in his sports bag, along with his volleyball uniform and some other things.

"hey, do you need an umbrella?"

he said to the girl next to them, offering her the mentioned item.

"what about you?"

she was clearly hesitant, but they could see a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

"don't worry about it, just return it tomorrow."

she took the umbrella after reassurance, and they soon lost sight of her.

"you're such a gentleman."

yn smiled at this whole situation. she was aware that some girls could take it wrong, but she liked that suna wasn't afraid to help other girls for fear of being jealous. how could she be jealous when he was simply showing someone kindness?