22. JULIET AND REMUS' JEALOUSY

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

April 1978

"Do you think it's enough?" Lily asked.

Lily, Amos, Regulus, and Juliet were all surrounding the box in which they had put the locket.

A box on which they poured many potions and put countless spells, of course.

"Are you joking? If it's not enough, I'm throwing it in the middle of fucking Pacific Ocean." Juliet huffed, crouching down, grazing the wood with her fingers.

To think that was the box that hid the notebook that led her to the actual Horcrux.

"What now? What do we do with it? Do we just put it in a drawer?" Amos questioned.

"We need to make sure it works first," Regulus stated.

He then took a step back and attempted a few spells, which failed to pry it back open.

"We need to try something else, just to be safe, do we have a hatchet or something?"

The second Juliet finished her sentence, the door opened and Remus walked in, face unshaven, hair messy and a cigarette stuck between his lips.

"Mate, come on, we talked about this, don't smoke inside." Amos scowled.

Remus stared at him blankly, then let his gaze fall on his girlfriend as though he was awaiting something. But, she said nothing and he chuckled bitterly, opening the door to throw out the cigarette before slamming it close.

"Remus!" Juliet scolded, going after him as he left for his room.

When she entered his room, her boyfriend was laying on the bed, reaching for a packet of cigarettes on his bedside table. Juliet was quick to get to it before he did though.

"That's mine." He said blankly, handing out his hand for her to place the packet in his palm.

"You don't need it." She refused.

"Give it back, Juliet, I'm serious." His voice got lower but she did not budge. "Fucking shit."

"What is going on with you? You were asked to stop smoking in the house."

The reason it was upsetting Juliet was that she knew it made Daphne nauseous, and she didn't want her pregnancy to be more complicated than it already was, considering the situation they were in.

"So? I'm not going to stop because your new boy toy can't handle a bit of smoke." He replied bitterly, laying back in the bed.

"Are you taking the piss? Is that what this was about?" Juliet sighed, passing a hand over her face. "Remus, stop being a fucking child, Amos is my best friend. He's been my best friend for years. You've got no reason to be jealous and you know it."

"Yeah, right."

"Seriously. His fucking girlfriend is in the room across from yours!" She exclaimed desperately, pointing at the door.

"Maybe she should be let know of how close you two are." He sat up, glaring.

Juliet stared at him in disbelief, waiting for him to get back to his senses but he just sat silently, glaring. She wondered how she could have missed the change in his entire attitude as the irritation in her eyes slowly shifted to a look of hurt.

"You don't mean that." She said calmly, more to herself than to him, shaking her head and turning to look at the mess in the room.

"Look into my eyes, and see if I mean it or not." He mocked.

They had grown so apart, there was so much tension and so much hurt, tones full of venom and yet hearts were still full of love.

Juliet knew she could never love anyone like she loved Remus so she allowed herself to look past that. Perhaps it was the locket. Perhaps its presence in the house had affected him. Perhaps it was the long amount of time they had spent apart, followed by their lack of intimacy since they had been reunited.

Had there been a single moment when she was alone with him after they had left the Tonks' house? Had she been neglecting him?

She turned back, letting her eyes meet his. The blue melted in the brown. For a second, she had forgotten how beautiful his eyes were. They held so much emotion. She knew he was hurt. She knew she couldn't blame him for anything he was to say.

"We're nearing the full moon, are you out of Wolfsbane yet?" She asked him, reaching for the clothes on his bed, wanting to tidy the room as it was starting to bother her.

"I don't want it. And stop that." He frowned at her, but not moving to grab her hands or do anything whatsoever to stop her.

She kept folding his clothes neatly. "You don't want it yet you've finished it all?"

"It's disgusting, I hate it." It sounded like he was trying to insult her but failing miserably to do so.

"But, it works, doesn't it?" She paused her movements, looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

Remus didn't reply. That was enough for her.

"I'll go make more. You clean your room, alright? It looks like something died here." She encouraged.

She knew she sounded very motherly but he looked lifeless and she needed to see him like he used to be. She wanted her Remus back because he would be one of the only things to keep her sane.

* * *

MMMHHHHH DON'T YOU LOVE SOME ANGST