41. JULIET AND THE WORRIES OF THE PROPHECY

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

January 1979

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, I want to be there for the meeting." Juliet insisted, pushing past her brother to get to the dining room where the Order was reunited.

It was two days after she had discovered the news. She passed out on the spot in all honesty, and the second she woke up, the girls were there. She begged them to tell her that it was just a bad dream, but to her fear and disappointment, it was all real.

Juliet was completely devastated, she immediately sobbed loudly, and it alerted everyone in the house, but Lily was quick to push them back, telling them that she was just having a small breakdown while Daphne comforted her.

After the horror came the anger, Juliet was cursing at Remus for getting her pregnant for a whole hour, punching and kicking at walls and furniture around the room, and the girls had to block the door and window so she wouldn't get out of the room and go murder him on the spot.

The emotions overwhelmed her fully, and at some point, she could no longer stand on her two feet, and she just sadly sat on the floor, wondering what she was going to do now and thinking about how much her mother would be disappointed.

Daphne and Lily put her to sleep and encouraged the boys not to bother her at all, telling them that she would not be able to see them at all until she was more stable, which they tried to be understanding of, but it was difficult not to worry.

They laid back a bit when James took his broom, flew and and peeked in through the window to see his sister passed out on the bed, looking calm.

The next day, she was so entirely depressed that she reluctantly fed herself. She made Daphne and Lily promise her not to say anything to anyone, but they wouldn't dare to. They assured her they knew it was not their news to tell of.

Then, on the day of the meeting, James was the one who told her about it, which made her decide to come out of there. She did not spare a glance to anyone at all, ignored Remus entirely, and latched onto Daphne's arm the whole time. The blonde didn't mind, though. She went through a similar reaction at first, too.

"So, what's going on?" Sirius asked the group, deciding to put an end to the small conversations around the table.

"Dumbledore wrote to us." Kingsley responded. "Said he got word the Dark Lord was after the prophecy."

Juliet raised an eyebrow, her attention finally on something else than a fetus after two days.

"Why? What's in it for him?" Amos questioned, as curious as the rest of them.

"Voldemort believes in it. His actions are rooted within the prophecy. If he knows there's a prophecy, then he probably doesn't know the content of it and wants to figure out how it may end in his favour." Juliet responded, sighing.

There were a couple of gasps because of the use of the name, and Sirius even nudged her, but she sat there carelessly. Voldemort could come at her at that exact moment for all she cared. She was going to punch him in the face for making her life a living hell.

"But how did he know there was a prophecy? I mean, we're just finding out about it." Arthur frowned, exchanging a look with his wife and her brothers.

"And how do we know that he knows?" Pandora's question caused everyone to fall silent.

"Do we have a man on the inside?" Regulus asked, looking at Juliet as though she would know, but she was also frowning.

"And does he?" The Potter girl completed.

Everyone seemed to look around suspiciously. The last thing they needed was a spy. As if things weren't tense enough.

"Dumbledore would know, right?" Kingsley said, trying to diffuse the tension.

"Probably." Juliet sighed.

"We need to go after that prophecy." Gideon Prewett frowned.

"Sure. Let's just break in the best guarded place in the Ministry, find a crystal ball amongst thousands of others, and try not to get caught while doing that." Remus sarcastically responded.

"Do we even have any other choice?" Peter asked, siding with Gideon.

"Yes, we do. By not going after it."

"We should vote on that." James suggested.

"This is not elementary school. We're not voting on it, James." Regulus pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Why not? We need that prophecy and opinions are clearly divided."

"We don't need the prophecy. He does." Juliet interrupted. "He's scared of losing because that would mean his inevitable death, so he's desperate to know how he can get out of it."

"See, no need for it." Remus pointed out.

"Don't we? What does the prophecy say anyway?" Molly asked.

"It's been a long time, I can't remember, but something like, if we fail, a descendant of ours will finish him." James responded, pointing at himself and his sister.

Something crossed Juliet's mind at that exact moment. She started to do the math in her head, recalling what the prophecy had said.

Oh no.

Oh no, no, no, no, no.

"He would be on your backs then." Molly frowned, worried for her friends.

"Which is why we should get the prophecy first." Peter said.

"No, we can't. It's a trap." Juliet refused.

"What makes you say that?" Lily asked curiously.

"The Dark Lord can't get in the Ministry to get to it himself. It's going to cause his immediate arrest. He may have highly placed people on his side, but it will not change the fact that he will immediately be sent to Azkaban the second he sets foot there. Dumbledore will personally come for his ass." Juliet explained.

"So he can't get to the prophecy, but he wants it. If he pushes us far enough for us to want to keep the prophecy from him, he would have succeeded in getting the prophecy retrieved from the Ministry, and he'll attack us to take it from us." Regulus continued, understanding what she meant.

"Damn. Then what do we do?" Daphne mumbled.

"If we could destroy that prophecy, it'd be great. Whatever we do, we can't let him have it. It'll be a weapon in the wrong hands." Kingsley sighed.

"No, no, no, we can't go get the prophecy!" Juliet exclaimed a bit louder than she anticipated and apologised for it.

She was nervous. The prophecy would not only expose her pregnancy but also endanger herself, the baby, and her other friends and family members.

"Let's just take this talk to Dumbledore. He'll let us know what he thinks is best in the situation." Remus said after a few seconds of silence, gently patting his girlfriend's thighs.

* * *

on a roll