49. JULIET AND THE NURSERY

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

March 1979

When Remus felt better, he told Juliet he had a surprise for her. She assumed it was her birthday gift, considering they were just two days away from the twins' birthdays, and she wasn't entirely far from being right.

What she didn't understand was why she needed to get ready to leave the house for her surprise.

"I don't want to." She pouted, sitting on the couch, her arms resting around her bump.

"Come on, baby, you'll like it, I promise." He encouraged.

"I don't want to, just make us apparate there."

"Baby. We can't." He raised his eyebrows, pointing at her baby bump. "Come on, get up."

"No! I'm tired, and your baby has decided to be a pain in the arse today and make me throw up my beautiful waffles, I'm not getting up." She glared.

"Careful there, Moony, she's sitting very close to her weapon." Sirius whispered, hiding behind the armchair.

Remus turned to his friends, who all looked wary, with an annoyed expression. He then went and fetched Juliet's shoes, approaching her and looking at her with a serious expression as he started to put them on her feet.

"Look at that. They're terrified for their lives because of you."

"They should be, at least I won't be the only one in pain." She rolled her eyes, then started to whine. "Ouch, wait, stop, my feet are swollen, I really can't walk."

Her boyfriend looked up at her with a sympathetic stare and abandoned her shoe. "Oh, whatever, who needs shoes anyways."

Juliet raised an eyebrow at him and gasped in surprise when he reached and carried her bridal style. He adjusted his grip and started to walk out nonchalantly.

"Merlin! Remus, put me down, I'm twice my fucking weight right now." She smacked his shoulder.

"No, you're fine." He dismissed, not really feeling any changes.

Astonished, Juliet looked up behind her boyfriend to see the three boys standing neat the doorframe.

"You seeing this?" Juliet asked in disbelief.

"Wow, he doesn't look like it, but he's strong." Regulus commented.

"I'm strong too." James muttered under his breath.

Sirius took a camera out of nowhere - well, it was Remus' camera that he was planning to take with him, and snapped a picture of the couple.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but do you want to borrow my baby?" Sirius handed Juliet the camera before pointing at the motorbike that was stood by the house.

"A pregnant lady on a bike is dangerous, but thanks, Padfoot, I appreciate it." Remus nodded, trying to think on how to get on his broom with his girlfriend in his arms.

"Anything for our Moony."

"So, how exactly are you planning to leave?" Regulus asked the obvious question, noting how Juliet was starting to get bored.

"Would anyone mind helping me settle on that?" He pointed at the broom by his feet.

~

Juliet's eyes lit up when her gaze set on Remus' house. The very one that she had visited countless times before.

"We're visiting your parents! You should have told me we're visiting your parents." Juliet told him, passing a hand through her hair to fix it as Remus started to land.

"We're not exactly visiting."

She raised a curious eyebrow at him and got off, but before she could question him, the door had burst open, and Hope was running to her son's girlfriend.

"Hi, Hope." Juliet grinned as she got pulled into a tight embrace.

"Oh, my darling! Hello! Welcome! Come in!" She gently pulled the girl inside the house excitedly.

Remus, who was still standing in the same spot since he had landed 30 seconds prior, stared blankly into an empty space. "Hi, mum, nice to see you too." He sarcastically spoke to himself.

~

"It's rude to snatch me away like that, I was having a discussion with your mother." Juliet scolded her boyfriend as she was being led down the hallway.

"You'll have time to speak with her about what kind of baby I was, alright?" He rolled his eyes. "Okay, ready?"

Juliet knew they had stopped in front of a guest room since it was the one she would sometimes sleep on when she was over.

"Guest room? Why should I be ready for a guest room?" She looked up confused.

Chuckling, he just opened the door in response.

The brunette froze in place, staring inside the room with wide eyes. Wide eyes that started to tear up, causing her boyfriend to panic a bit.

"Oh my days." She sighed.

"You hate it." He concluded.

"Hate it? Are you mad? Have you lost the plot? Are we seeing the same thing right there?" She pointed inside the room sassily.

He smiled, leaning back against the frame with a certain reassurance as she wandered inside the room.

A nursery, to be exact.

"I don't know what to say." She stared at the painted walls, putting a hand over her bump.

One of the walls had been painted with a sky blue colour, little white clouds covering it. There was also a dresser that she assumed to be full of baby necessities, a few toys laying there, cushions, and of course the crib in the middle of the room.

She looked down inside the crib, seeing octopus plush in there, and chuckled at the cuteness of it all.

"Who did all this?"

"Mum. And Andromeda, apparently. I suggested at some point that we would need a baby room, and they jumped on it." He grinned. "Mum painted that wall there."

"I love it. It's perfect, everything is perfect." She smiled softly, approaching him and pecking his lips.

"Who would have thought my mum would be buzzin' to be a grandma."

"Everyone. Who are you kidding?" She scoffed at him, leaving the nursery to go thank Hope.

* * *

prepare for a surprise next chapter