23. JULIET AND DAPHNE

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

April 1978

"Hi." Daphne's voice startled Juliet who was making a Wolfsbane potion in the kitchen.

"Daph, hey, do you need something?" Juliet glanced at her, all the while adding some ingredients to her cauldron.

"No, I-" She cut herself off, covering her nose. "What is that horrid smell?"

"Oh sorry, it's the potion. Give me a second, I'm adding Valerian roots."

"Why are you making it now? It's late." The blonde looked out the window and watched the moon.

"It has to bathe and harvest in the moonlight." She explained shortly, watching Daphne uncover her nose once she had stirred the brew.

Daphne didn't ask what it was for. She was glad, she knew if it had been Pandora she would have pushed it until she got an answer.

"So, tell me, what do you need?" She questioned again once she was done.

"Well, as you were the first aware of our pregnancy, I thought it'd be fair to give you a heads up. Amos and I have been talking about revealing the pregnancy to the others. Especially because my stomach is starting to show."

She was right, traces of pregnancy were slowly showing. One could barely notice it since she was only three months along but it wouldn't be long until the baby made its presence fully known.

"Oh! Do you know when you're going to tell them?"

"I was thinking tomorrow."

"My God. You are hasty." Daphne laughed.

"I'm overjoyed and I feel like it's news that everyone deserves to know of."

Juliet sighed. "Hopefully the first baby of the next generation to not know war."

The blonde bit her lip, hesitating. But Juliet noticed.

"What is it?"

"Would you care for the baby if anything was to happen to me or Amos?"

"Daphne," Juliet called, sounding concerned but stern. "Nothing is going to happen to either of you, I promise. You will be protected."

"I know, I know, that's not what I'm saying. I mean it is, but I-" Daphne shook her head. "Will you be its godmother?"

The Potter girl was stunned, her eyes widened and she stared cluelessly at the blonde. "Me?"

"I know you are closer to him than to me, but I can see your heart is kind, and I know you would care for it and love it more than anyone else could ever do. I know you'll protect my baby Juliet. I'll entrust it to you. So will you?"