25. JULIET AND FADING WORRIES

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

April 1978

When Remus first opened his eyes, he was a bit panicked to find himself in his girlfriend's bed with her bare back facing him.

Once the memories of the night prior hit, he called down. He slumped back in his pillow, passing a hand over his face, feeling his ears turn red.

He sighed, glancing back at her figure. His eyes fell on the horrible scars on her back. He traced his finger over them and saw her move a bit.

Fearing he had startled her, he went to kiss her shoulder, peeking over to see if she had opened her eyes. She hadn't, but she was grimacing.

"Good morning." He whispered, with an amused smile.

"Why are you awake?" She groaned.

"Because it's morning?"

"That's not a good answer." She shook her head.

Cute.

He chuckled leaning in to peck her lips. "Hi."

"Hi." She whispered, opening her eyes once he pulled away.

"Are we going to talk about it?" He tilted his head.

"Should we?" She questioned back with an eyebrow raised as his thumb was rubbing the skin of her forearm slowly.

Remus smirked. "I mean. I don't have much to say, but if you insist, you sounded very-"

"And this is where you shut your mouth." She pushed his head away, as he chuckled, laying on his back beside her.

It was a peaceful silence for a few minutes where they just took in each other's presence, finding peace in how far their relationship has come. Has it been what, two years and a few months that they were a couple? It felt as though their whole relationship was somehow frozen in time, pushed to the back of their minds for a while.

They knew they couldn't go back to that now. They had to be there for each other. Juliet had to learn to rely on others' help.

"Remus." She broke the silence, her small smile fading abruptly.

"Hm?"

"We didn't use protection." She sat up, with a worried expression. "We didn't use protection, Remus."

"Nor a silencing charm." He facepalmed.

"Who cares about that, we didn't use protection!" She smacked his chest.

"Ouch, hey! Okay! Easy woman." He chuckled, getting his clothes off the floor and getting dressed. "It's okay, there's a muggle solution for that, I'll be right back."