26. JULIET AND THE MURDER OF EDGAR BONES

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

May 1978

A sudden meeting of the Order of the Phoenix had taken place in the Potter's home. Her Hogwarts Professors had appeared, followed by their friends and allies, and no one seemed to know what they were all doing there.

"Your attention, everyone, please." Minerva interrupted the multiple discussions people were having.

Everyone was catching up, and Juliet had to admit she was happy to be reunited with her Gryffindor friends and Pandora.

"We have asked for your urgent presence to announce that we have lost a member."

There were a few gasps, and the twins looked around, frowning, looking around to see who was not present.

"Edgar Bones and his family had been murdered."

The information hit everyone like lightning. They looked in complete shock. The same man that had been there fighting alongside them and their parents, had been killed with his family.

"What happened?" Juliet questioned.

"Following the discussion we had, Miss Potter, we attempted to establish contact with Elphias Doge and Edgar Bones." She explained. "Edgar Bones responded."

"That's what got him killed? He answered your letters?" Sirius frowned, then turned to Remus. "This is why I never wrote back to you during summer."

"No, it isn't, shut up." Remus elbowed him.

"What did he say?" Juliet asked, putting the attention back on Minerva as Albus Dumbledore was quietly talking to his brother.

Remus stared at his girlfriend. One of them had died and she was already back to talking business after a minute. It felt weird, Juliet used to be the type of person to grieve owls, and now she could not focus on a single death. He could understand though, if she did, she would lose her mind.

Minerva sighed. "You are all members of the Order. You have proved your loyalty and have fought to bring peace to our world. We believe you can all be entrusted with this information."

She glanced at Albus who nodded, before continuing. "Edgar Bones was a Parselmouth."

"What?" Moody exclaimed.

Alastor was the closest to him, he also seemed to be the most touched when learning about his death. Edgar Bones had children. And he was a great wizard.