73. JULIET AND THE ARMY OF HOUSE ELVES

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

December, the 1st, 1979

The shield was slowly giving up on them, and the Order --well those with a good vision anyway- could see the Death Eaters getting closer, clearly ready for battle.

"Mistress Potter!" A high voice calling to the young leader had her looking behind her to see Dobby, the house elf, accompanied by, one could say, an army of house elves.

"Dobby?! What are you doing here?" Juliet frowned. Weren't house elves obliged to obey to their masters? There is no way Lucius Malfoy would have freed him.

"Mistress Malfoy gave Doby socks!" He exclaimed, joyfully, proudly showing off the used socks on his feet.

Narcissa Malfoy? Narcissa freed Dobby? The youngest Potter twin shrugged off her initial surprise, recalling that it was her that freed her from Bellatrix's grip of death. Not everyone related to Bellatrix was a bad person. Sirius, Andromeda and Regulus were living proof.

"What's going on?" James interrupted, asking his sister and pointing at the army of elves.

"Uh. I don't know." She shrugged.

"Dobby wishes to help Mistress Potter. Dobby brought friends!"

"Gee, Dobby. You're popular." Juliet raised an eyebrow, looking behind him before turning back to look at the approaching enemy. "I suppose we could use extra hands."

"Human! You've brought elves! Shall we let the children go now?" Firenze approached them, his bow and arrow in hand.

"I wish they'd leave, believe me, the ones outside are seventeen or older, and for the rest, Professor McGonagall had them evacuated when the matron's helpers arrived a few minutes ago." She sighed, looking at the few students barely younger than herself.

"Did they protest?" James asked.

"Obviously."

"Mistress Potter... Dobby could get you out if you wish." Dobby offered his hand.

"Dobby, I can't leave, I'm needed here." Juliet shook her head, immediately refusing.

"But Mistress Potter, the prophecy."

Juliet widened her eyes in realisation. The Order talked about destroying the prophecy but they never did, did they? Juliet was too focused on the pregnancy to think about it.

She turned to James, when an idea came to mind. Passing him, she rushed to Professor McGonagall.

"Professor! Can you buy me some time?"

McGonagall frowned, looking over at the enemy before she stared back at her previous student. "How long?"

"As long as you can. I have a plan."