40. JULIET AND OPERATION WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY SISTER

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

January 1979

"No, no, no, Charlie. No candy, we're having dinner in an hour."

Juliet rushed to the small child standing by the gigantic kitchen counter, having somehow managed to drop the candy jar. She picked him up so he wouldn't get hurt because of the broken glass and called Sirius for help.

"But I'm hungry."

"I know, baby, but you can't have candy before dinner."

"Why?"

"Because then your tiny stomach will be full." She tickled him, making him giggle.

"You're good at this." Sirius commented, walking in with a broom, starting to swipe the broken glass and putting the wrapped candies in a new jar.

"What?"

"This. Handling kids."

"I have no idea what I'm doing." She admitted, handing Charlie an apple slice as a substitute for the candy.

"Probably like every parent ever." Daphne sighed, walking in, looking exhausted.

"You good?"

"I finally managed to put Cedric to sleep. After an hour. This is a nightmare." She commented.

Juliet patted her friend's shoulder sympathetically, walking away with Charlie, putting him down when she reached the living room so he could play with Bill.

Molly had asked them if they could watch the children for a while so that she could get some rest, and of course, they said yes. Percy was with Pandora and Xenophilius while the older children were left at the Diggorys house. None could possibly say no. They knew that poor Molly was exhausted since she was pregnant with twins, and on top of that, she insisted on hosting the New Year's Eve dinner that took place two weeks prior.

"Molly has great kids. It must have been fun to be with them when I wasn't around." James grinned as he watched the two bother Regulus and him just sitting there blankly.

"Yeah, they're cute. I mean, we were way worse when we were their age, so." Juliet shrugged.

"I don't know what you're talking about. We were angels." James denied.

"Right, because jumping out of the window with your mattress in the middle of the night makes you an angel." Remus scoffed, passing by.

"You told him!?" James asked Juliet loudly, looking indignant.

"You haven't?"

"I can't believe no one told me." Regulus chuckled.

"Oh wow, is that the soup's smell?" James started to sniff, looking pleased.