75. JULIET AND WHY WOMEN KILL

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

TW: slightly graphic description of violent acts

December, the 2nd, 1979

Many hours after the battle had started, in the midst of the complete and utter chaos, a bone chilling sound was heard. It made the heroine pause.

Her hand holding on her wand lowered slowly. It ached a bit, due to how hard she had clenched it in the past few hours, fighting for her life. But she ignored even that.

All sounds seemed to fade, like a daze. She blinked, her eyes roaming around the best they could with the wind hitting her face.

The yells, the cries and the spells, the sound of bodies falling to the ground from which they would never get back up from, the explosions, the calls for loved ones and the spite for the enemy. All of it fell to the background, and all she could hear was the atrocious sound of Bellatrix Lestrange's high-pitched laugh.

It felt like an eternity, but it really all happened in a matter of seconds. Before she could process it fully, she had already turned around and disarmed the woman that stood a few feet away.

"You've ruined the element of surprise! You're no fun, Potter." The woman exclaimed, and despite her words she was laughing hysterically.

Juliet just stared. She had felt as numb as she had, when she was laying half dead on the cold basement floor of the Malfoy Manor over a year prior.

The fear was always present when Bellatrix was around.

"Tell me, did you miss me?" The unhinged woman grinned wildly, enjoying the lack of reaction that she associated with fear paralysis of sorts. "Or did you miss the way I make you bleed?"

The younger woman had finally reacted to the words she spat maliciously like venom.

Only, it wasn't a cry or a yelp of despair, anxiety resurfacing nor anger.

It was a smile.

Bellatrix almost lost her own when her eyes set on the pearly whites, but she regained her composure. "I knew you had it in you! You're just a little bit like me, aren't you? Itty bitty baby Potter... How much you've grown."

Taunting after taunting, Juliet started to wonder if the crazy woman standing before her ever got tired of it.

Many things had changed since the last time the two of them were face to face. But the most important of all, was that Juliet had something to live for. She would not be another body in the basement and not care of it.

Juliet barely glanced down at the two wands in her hand. It was almost comical how easy it was to disarm Bellatrix.

"Have you lost your skills? Or have you fully turned to daggers instead of making use of your wand?" Juliet questioned her, more rhetorically than anything as she turned the wand that caused the scars on her body.