62. JULIET AND A BABY ON THE OTHER SIDE

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

September 1979

"There are still points we need to discuss." Regulus noted after the entire group was fed the drive to win the war.

It was like the spirits were lifted. No matter what way they looked at it, Juliet was as good as a leader that her mother was.

"Yes, the first one being the Death Eaters." Remus nodded. "I think we've mentioned it, but it's bizarre, the way they're holding back, isn't it? It's almost like they tried to push it back as much as we did."

"Yes, but we did it because Romy was on the way." His girlfriend raised an eyebrow.

"Exactly, so what was going on on their side?"

There was a silence of a few seconds.

Until Peter broke it. "You don't think the Dark Lord had a baby, do you?"

Grimaces took over everyone's faces as they couldn't fathom anyone fancying the ugly personality, let alone sleep with him.

"Who the hell would wanna sleep with a chalky noseless bastard?" Marlene bluntly asked.

"Bellatrix Lestrange." Pandora muttered loud enough for everyone in the room to hear.

"Son of a bitch." James cursed.

"You rang?" Sirius smirked.

"Oh, you gotta be fucking kidding me." Regulus sighed, taking a seat. "I've never been more ashamed of my family line."

"That's debatable, Sirius is your brother after all." Juliet smiled sweetly at the eldest of the brothers who pulled a face.

"Imagine, though? She is dodgy, so what if she did." Pandora said.

"Isn't she married to your brother?"

"You think that's going to stop her?"

"It is a possibility."

They were all taking the idea lightly until Dumbledore spoke up about it, and suddenly, all jaws were on the floor, and all eyes wide.

"Severus has mentioned hearing words about a baby on the way, but it had quickly died down when he was noticed." He continued. "He thought it to be about little Andromeda when he saw Juliet pregnant, but perhaps it was another infant we are speaking of."

"Oh my fucking God." Sirius exclaimed, banging his head against the wall behind him and rubbing his eyes, as if exasperatedly trying to wake up from a nightmare. "If I'm related to the fucking tosser, I'm killing myself."

"Family reunions are going to be fun after the war is over." Ted Tonks said, blankly staring into an empty space.

Juliet sympathetically patted his arm.

"Calm down, all of you, we don't even know if it's true." Lily tried to reassure them.

"If it is, we have his lineage to worry about in fifteen years." James groaned.

"If we're all alive in fifteen years." Regulus added, getting his head smacked by his blonde best friend for his pessimistic remark.

"I know it's kind of out of topic, but the lineage talk had me thinking. What are we going to do with the prophecy in the end? We never reached a consensus." Amos interrupted his best friends' bickering.

Juliet got uncomfortable instantly. Her boyfriend looked over at her, grabbing her hand as to offer some comfort to their shared worries.

"Voldemort has been desperately curious to know the content of the prophecy. It's a crucial object to him and his army."

"Yeah, the type that could potentially affirm to them 'see, I'm powerful, be on my side or die!', eh?" Tonks sarcastically stated.

"Precisely, Mr. Tonks. Now, we have members of the order constantly watching the Department of Mysteries and keeping it safe, but we can not do that indefinitely." McGonagall explained.

Juliet tilted her head. "Can't we?"

Remus nudged her, causing her to glare at him.

"Fine. What do you suggest?"

"The prophecy will not be safe in our hands, let alone theirs." Lily frowned.

There was a silence of a few seconds, during which Juliet took her time to stare at the Headmaster of Hogwarts.

"We don't need the prophecy." The brunette girl spoke slowly. "We already have someone that knows it word for word."

Dumbledore seemed to catch up on what she meant when he met her insistent stare and nodded to agree with her.

"I don't understand." Kingsley admitted.

"Think about it. The prophecy is important for Voldemort, and we can't keep it without them coming after all of us to get their hands on it. So, if it's not safe with either one of our parties, then it's better off destroyed."

"Okay, so.. what links that to Dumbledore?"

Juliet allowed him to tell the rest of the members about the Pensieve she had seen in his office upon her latest visit.

"I use the Pensieve. One simply siphons the excess thoughts from one's mind, pours them into the basin, and examines them at one's leisure. It becomes easier to spot patterns and links, you understand, when they are in this form."

"So we basically would have a copy of the prophecy randomly floating in a basin." Regulus raised an eyebrow.

"Something along those lines." Juliet nodded.

"And what if he decides to go after that?" Peter asked.

"Professor Dumbledore is the only wizard Voldemort has ever feared. I think we don't need to worry about it."

"... Is this it?" Marlene asked, causing all heads to curiously turn towards her. "I mean, we go to the Ministry, destroy the prophecy, then we go to Hogwarts, destroy the Horcruxes, battle them, and wish for the best?"

"Yeah, by the way, there's not nearly enough of us. Thought I'd remind it." Moody spoke up for the first time, looking blankly at them from the other side of the room.

The comment hit Juliet like a truck. Alastor was right. They were, what, thirty, maybe all together. There was no way there would be enough of them to fight off an army of Death Eaters, no matter how good the members of the Order were.

"We need fucking allies." She groaned.

"I have an idea." All eyes turned to her smirking boyfriend.

* * *

as promised with a few hours delay!
I've been SO busy with uni yall. Sorry, it's so slow