35. JULIET AND THE BIRTH OF CEDRIC DIGGORY

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

October 1978

It was complete and utter panic and chaos when Daphne's water broke. The boys were all so frantic that Juliet had to smack all of them back to their senses.

She sent them to get Molly and Lily to help while she and Amos were helping Daphne to be prepared.

There was a whole lot of screaming, crying, and cursing, and Juliet thought she would lose her arm at some point, but thankfully, Molly had brought potions with her that she knew would help Daphne and it calmed her down up to some point.

In the end, Cedric Diggory was born on October 13th of 1978.

All were in awe at the tiny human that calmly slept against his mother's chest. They forgot they were at war. They forgot there was a terrible world out there. All they could see was this adorable bundle of joy that was the apple of his parents' eyes.

Daphne was evidently tired. She was in labour for a large number of hours, but she looked happy and content every time she looked over to her boyfriend and saw him looking at Cedric with so much love.

For the place to have the least commotion as possible, Sirius stayed with Juliet and James with Regulus, so there would not be petty arguing that would risk awaking the baby.

One would argue that putting Sirius and Juliet in the same room was asking for the pettiness, but neither of the two wanted to be responsible for disrupting a baby's sleep, so they were quiet.

That's what it was like for a while. The residents of the house were getting used to the baby's cries and peacefully awaiting instructions on what was next for all of them.

~

November came, and news soon followed. The entire house was startled when they heard a knock on the front door.

They knew it was none of the Weasleys nor their other friends. They would all just walk in. They did not need to knock. Amos seemed to be the most agitated. He was instructing Daphne to go upstairs with the baby and hide and run away to Russia when Juliet stopped him.

"Don't be an idiot. If there were Death Eators behind that door, they wouldn't knock." She rolled her eyes, opening the door despite his protests.

She immediately beamed when she came face to face with her scarred boyfriend.

"Remus!" She exclaimed joyously, jumping in his arms.

"Hello, love." He greeted, laughing as he adjusted his grip around her, tightly holding on.

"I hope I'm getting a similar greeting." Juliet looked up and saw Pandora and Moody behind her boyfriend, and she laughed.

The trio was welcomed back warmly and invited in. They were being bombarded with questions to the point that they could no longer follow up.

"Where are Shacklebolt and Doge?" James asked them, as they went to take sits in the living room, tired from the travel.

"In the Burrow. We've reported back to Dumbledore and will all have a meeting with him there." Moody explained.

"Has anything happened at all on your side?" Pandora asked them.

"You could say that." Juliet smirked, leaning onto her boyfriend.

"There's someone you guys should meet." Amos smiled, turning to invite Daphne in, who had been hiding in the hallway until then.

"Oh my God!"

Juliet watched as Pandora ran over to see the baby up close. She watched as the couple was being congratulated on the arrival, as they announced the new member of their family. She watched a smile creep on Moody's face as he was named the godfather of the child.

It was quite a wholesome moment, all cooing at the baby, happily celebrating the successful mission from which all had returned safely. Juliet wanted desperately to know the outcome of said mission, but she decided that a few hours more without knowing wouldn't hurt much, and she snuggled against her agreeably surprised boyfriend.

"I see you missed me." He teased her.

He knew she wasn't peculiarly one to initiate physical touch, and he was enjoying every second of it.

"How could I not? You were gone for a long time. Five months without you is way too long." She whispered to him.

Sometimes, it felt as though they were apart longer than together in the time they had been an official couple. But she tried not to think much of it. They had an entire eternity to spend together anyway.

He kissed her cheek and sat back on the couch comfortably. Juliet watched him carefully, trying to detect anything that could possibly be wrong with him. What if something had happened that he wasn't letting her on? But despite looking exhausted, he looked fine, not much different from what she had remembered him to be like. He had kept his promise to come back to her safe and sane.

* * *

i'm popping out these chapters one after another fr

also, I realized a few days ago I had mixed up elphias doge and edgar bones but I fixed it up, so sorry if there's some confusion!!