59. JULIET AND WORDS TO APPEASE THE HEART

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉* * *

August 1979

There was something extremely pure about two people dearest to one's heart embracing each other. The love that's felt for them mirrors the one that they share.

Remus felt a new sort of happiness when he walked into his bedroom and saw his baby girl calmly laying in the middle of the bed, her mother asleep beside her.

His daughter was so tiny that he had to get extremely close to the bed to notice she was even there. She wasn't moving, not that she could, because of her mother wrapping her so tightly so that she wouldn't abruptly be able to free herself and fall off the bed.

Not that Andromeda would even be able to do such a thing. She couldn't crawl or even support her own weight yet. But Juliet was a first-time mum, and she was paranoid.

Remus peeked over and saw how peaceful Juliet looked and covered her with a blanket before reaching out to pick up Andromeda so she wouldn't wake her up with her cries if she needed something.

He walked downstairs with the baby in his arms and smiled when James immediately cooed.

"Look, guys! Lovely little Romy's awake!"

Lyall and Regulus looked up from the letters in their hands and smiled.

"Lovely little Romy?" Remus questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"That's his new nickname for her. He talked about it the entire night." Regulus explained.

"Romy..." Remus trailed, looking at the baby in his arms. "Yeah, I like it. Do you like it?" Obviously, the baby didn't answer, but he liked to converse with her. "Yeah, you like it too. I know, it's weird, James had a pleasant idea for once."

"Hey!" The uncle protested.

"What's all that?" The werewolf pointed at their letters as he sat with them, James immediately making grabby hands towards him to have the baby.

"Correspondance from the Order. Everyone has shared news, and we've been sent them to be updated." Lyall told his son.

"Anything major?"

"Except Marlene being a complete thug by fighting back at every occurring attack." James stated, cuddling his niece closely.

"They're getting more frequent?"

"Yes. Everyone's asking us what we should do, but, well." Regulus sighed, throwing the letter in his hand back on the table. "But it's weird, Kingsley says it almost feels like they're holding back, Longbottom agrees, too."

His boyfriend scowled. "We'll have to do something about all this soon. We can't keep pushing it back and making excuses."

"I don't know if Juliet is ready. She gave birth two weeks ago, mate." Remus told them, glancing over at his child.