Chapter 32 - The Argument

"Well that could've went better." Xed stated.

"You think?" Chey growled.

     After the attempted ambush on the Zone for (Y/N), retrieving the girl only became much more difficult.

      Not only did they have the doctor get in the way but now an entire group of armed humans protecting her. They must have found out about her and are using her to get to them. From what Xed was told by the Elitists he sent to spy on them, she's giving them information on Zankora. The humans are planning an attack.

       This excited Xed.

      And after the failure of the ambush, he started thinking. They were going about this all wrong.

       He and Chey were in an old mechanic shop holding down the fort until Indi and the rest of their team got back. Xed paced a bit as he thought. What would be the best way to retrieve (Y/N) without another failure on their part?

"At this point, we're going to need a lot more than our teams to get her back." Chey growled and plopped down into an old chair. "If we go back to Mother without her, she's not going to be happy."

"Or," Xed cut in. "What if we don't bring her back?"

      Chey was immediately taken aback. "What?! You're saying we just leave her?"

"Yes and no." A plan started to form in the wide-eyed demon's head. He'll need some confirmation, but if everything lines up, they won't need to do another ambush that was surely going to fail. "What if they bring her to us?"

         The Zone? Chey was confused.

"I'll do some poking around the next time they stop. If they're using my sweet to find us, they can do the work for us." Xed explained with a chuckle. "Let them come to us. It'll be like killing two birds with one stone."

      Let the Zone find them first? Was he crazy?! Chey stood up and gave his brother a serious look. "Do I need to remind you of what just happened? You want them to find us first?!"

"I didn't say that." Xed grinned. "I said let them bring her to us."

"Stop being cryptic." His brother huffed. "What do you mean exactly?"

       Instead of answering, Xed turned and saw his sister and the rest of his team returning so he quickly made his leave. "You'll see. I just need to confirm some things first."

      Back with the Zone, they were back on the road traveling to their next destination. Orders to stay on high alert were placed to prevent another ambush from surprising them but also to keep an eye out for the Elitists that got away.

"You're going to the city?" Yama asked his old friend, looking at her like she had just grown a second head. "Did you forget how dangerous the city is?"

       (O/N) waved him off and typed into her tablet. "We have the manpower and a strategy to maneuver around without trouble. Besides, we're going to attempt contact."

       They were in a carrier on the road towards the area mentioned. The Head stood against a counter across from Yama and (Y/N) who sat on a couch.

       (Y/N) wondered what the older woman meant. Attempt contact with who?

"We know the location of where the Elitists are hiding now." She started. "Now we just need the numbers. A different perspective even."

      Yama narrowed his eyes.

"We're going to go speak with the Outsiders. You remember them, Yama?"