Chapter 55 - The Make Up

It was starting to feel like 20 years ago all over again...

     Here he was, thinking he would be done with this place and never have to see it ever again. But nope.

      Now he was sneaking through the halls, using all of the quietest paths he could remember in order to make his way to Zankora. It was feeling a little too nostalgic.

      Yama peered out from behind a wall as two Elitists talked with each other. They were standing near a large hole in the wall that opened up to the outside, keeping watch of the area.

"When do you think the humans will get here?" One questioned.

"Could be any second at this point. We can't leave to find out, remember..?" The other said.

"Well, I'm not too worried. We got the big guy after all. He'll sort those fuckers out."

       Yama shook his head as the two began to chuckle. That was just another thing he didn't expect to hear about either. Bodhi.

       He thought that old demon was dead and gone. Sure he didn't know what happened to him after Zankoku's death and the fall of his kingdom but considering Bodhi was glued to the King's hip and followed every order that was spewed out of the tyrant's mouth, it made Yama believe that the old demon couldn't survive without him.

       He was severely mistaken now...

       Yama's right hand remained rested against his side while his left lifted up. They were on the second floor but if he can remember correctly, the drop to the ground outside was still pretty high. 

       He started activating his abilities and lifted his hand up, preparing to push the two Elitists to their deaths but quick grunts and choking on blood sounds made him stop.

       He glanced out and saw the two Elitists being dragged outside by their throats by something sharp. They struggled before two snaps of their necks made them go limp and were soon dropped to the ground and into dumpsters below.

       Yama waited a few seconds before coming out and slowly approaching the hole in the wall and looking down to see the two Elitists now dead. But as he glanced up, he met three black eyes that stared at him in shock. "Yama?!"

       The doctor flinched as a force smacked Dog in the face which made him almost fall himself. His spider legs gripped the brick wall tighter to stable himself while his hand grasped his scarfed-covered face. "It's me..!"

"What the- Dog?!" Yama's hushed voice said in shock.

"What are you-" Dog started to speak but Yama quickly grabbed his shirt and pulled him inside before anyone saw them. They hid inside a room and Yama made sure no one was around before turning back to Dog with a hushed tone. "What are you doing here?"

"I was going to ask you that..." Dog whispered.

"I got caught." The doctor grumbled. "Instead of killing me, they wanted to use me."

       Dog kind of figured that. He couldn't help his eyes from going to Yama's now shorter hair, remembering that grey-eyed demon having the rest clutched in his hands and waving it around like it was a trophy. But seeing Yama with shorter hair, it was a bit off-putting to Dog. It reminded him of... a certain someone.

       So Dog kept his eyes elsewhere. "I came to get (Y/N) and B. They caught us off guard at the meet-up point and captured them..."

"Yea, I know. I left them in the cells." Yama said as he moved to the door and opened it slightly to keep watch. "They're fine."