Scene 3- Empty Foyer

An extravagant lengthy doorbell rings. We pan on Juliette's bedroom as we see her writing in a diary. She looks up when she hears the doorbell and immediately heads downstairs. As she reaches the balcony by the stairs she sees her mother and father greeting Jackson. She runs down one of the long double staircases and in no time she's in his arms with her feet off the floor.

Jackson- "Oh I've missed you honey."

As he holds her and she releases from a hug, "You are so grown up from the last time I've seen you"

Juliette- "Well I'm about to be 13"

Jackson looks at his mother and father and Juliette's head follows.

He looks back at her and says "You," pricks his finger on her nose, "Are growing up way too fast" she giggles slightly and shoos his hand away.

Jackson- "where's JD?" looking around.

Laura- "He's at Lennon's house"

Jackson- "Dick couldn't even come to my homecoming"

John and Laura laugh at his joke.

Laura- "Well come you must be hungry"

Laura exits to the living room. Jackson swoops Juliette off her feet once more but in a cradle this time. She giggles as he leans her back to her head almost touching the floor and their father disapproves.

John- "You'll be the one taking her to the hospital if you crack her head open"

Juliette gets scared and she starts squirming and kicking for Jackson to pick her up.

Jackson- "Dad she's fine I do this to her all the time. She's like as light as a baby."

He picks her up effortlessly and holds her with her arms and legs wrapped around his hips and neck.

Juliette didn't like how he indirectly called her baby.

Juliette whines "Put me down. I wanna walk."

Jackson flashed a surprised look on his face, but it quickly left and he put her down on the ground.

She swiftly walks out of the room without saying a word. Jackson looks over at his father confused.

John- "It's because you called her a baby."

Jackson- "I didn't call her a baby!"

John- "Close enough. She's been sensitive to things like that recently"

They start walking out together and Jackson whispers under his breath, "Maybe that's why people treat her like a baby"

They both briefly chuckled and then entered the living room.