Scene 32- Yes Sir

In the kitchen we see John and Laura talking at the white marble island while Laura cleans dishes.

Laura picks up a pot, "Poor girl. They never used to tease her this much."

John agreed, "The age gap must really be affecting them right now."

Laura argues, "Well they're wouldn't be an age gap if..." and she slowly trailed off not wanting to get into that topic.

John gets irritated knowing what his wife was about to say, "What did you say?"

Laura, "Nothing. I don't know...are you sure that's the only thing?"

John, "I'm not sure what else it could be. What do you think?"

Laura, "Well she's really not that little anymore, despite our efforts, maybe they're having a rough time with her growing up too."

Just then, Jackson walks in to the kitchen.

Laura snaps at him angrily, "Did you apologize?"

Jackson gets defensive, "Ok first of all I didn't even say anything that bad. But Yes I did go up to apologize and she's not having it. I don't blame her though."

Laura sighs, "Well thank you for trying. Better than the rest of those hooligans outside."

John decides to be direct with his son, "Why have you been giving Juliette such a hard time since you all got home? You used to have such a great bond."

Jackson says, "I'm treating her like I always treat her. She just doesn't run off crying to you when I let her sleep in my lap."

John interrogates Jackson, "So you really think that your words recently haven't been affecting Juliette's feelings or confidence?"

Jackson stays silent. A little dumbfounded.

John proves his point, "Exactly. You keep trying with her young man."

Jackson says remorseful, "Yes sir."

He walks back out to the patio.