Scene 42- Names like Princess or Baby

The dinner was incredible. Everyone had a great time and everyone loved Scarlett. Juliette was starting to maybe like her. It didn't seem fair to Juliette that everyone else in her family had met her multiple times and this was only the first time she got to know her. None the less, she didn't make any scenes. Beau even got Juliette to try zucchini since he was sitting next to her.

"Good girl. Now chew." Beau says as he takes the fork out of her mouth.

Juliette chews slowly and has a hesitant look on her face. After what seemed like minutes of chewing she swallowed, everyone at the table was looking to see if she tolerated it. Juliette was such a picky eater, and any vegetable that she liked was a huge accomplishment.

Juliette says mellowly, "Eh. It's okay."

Beau raises his arms above his head,
"Yes! Let's gooo!"

He gives Juliette a high five. And she beams at him. She loved when Beau was proud of her, because his pride was the hardest to earn.

The rest of the dinner they talked about the Cancun trip. What they wanted to do, how nice the hotel was, all of the vacation things. Throughout the dinner, Beau fed her a million things that she never tried. She was too scared to say no, because she thought he would make fun of her.

"Scarlett, your dress looks really similar to one of my Mommy's runway dresses."

Juliette pointed out kindly.

Scarlett was so glad she was engaging her and came off very excited, "Really? I borrowed it from my Mom since she doesn't wear it anymore."

The whole family took a closer look at the dress but most of them wouldn't have had a clue. Laura says smiling,

"You're right honey. It looks exactly like one of Juliette's favorites I've ever designed, I think in 2008. What's the brand?"

Scarlett was confused, "I think it's Chanel?"

Laura says excited, "Oh my, I think that might be it, it was definitely my design collaboration with Chanel."

Laura says, "Jackson check her tag."

He begins to look at the inside of her dress by her neck.

Juliette says meanly, "Yeah he loves to do that."

Everyone at the table looked at her sternly and confused.

Jackson jokes back to her winking, "Yeahhh, I sure do."

Scarlett now looks over her shoulder confused as everyone else was confused by the encounter too.

Beau asks Jackson, "Since when do you have an inside joke with her?"

Jackson doesn't answer him, "Yeah it's the one. It says 'Collab with LW'".

Scarlett smiles, "I guess I didn't realize that LW stood for Laura Warren."

Laura was sweet with her, "It's actually my maiden name Worthington, I just got lucky that I kept the same initials when I married."

Scarlett realizes, "Oh my, yes I remember. My friends and I loved Laura Worthington. Oh my goodness I had no idea that was you!"

Laura laughed, "Well yes it was a very long time ago, but now you know."

Scarlett turns her attention to Juliette, "Juliette is this dress your favorite your Mom ever made?"

Juliette says, "It's one of my favorites, but she never kept any of her designs."

Scarlett says, "Well then I'll just have to give you it for your next special event."

Juliette bounced from excitement, "Really?"

Laura says, "Scarlett you really don't have to do that, she probably wouldn't take care of it, it's a very nice dress."

Juliette says, "Yes I will take care of it!"

Gavin jokes, "Yeah as long as you have a bib."

Juliette frowns and gets angry at her brothers who are laughing at her, "I do not need a bib!"

Gavin says meanly and sarcastically, "Oh really? Then look at your smock."

Juliette reluctantly looks down and sees a tiny stain on her smock dress.

Scarlett says in her sweet southern accent, "Oh Juliette, I would just love for you to have this. I barely wear it! I'll give it to you when I see you next."

Juliette smiles. She didn't make fun of her, or laugh at her brother's jokes, she didn't even mention them.

Juliette says, "Thank you."

She has a smile painted on her face from ear to ear.

Scarlett smiles back, "Of course hunny."

Juliette felt weird that she called her honey. She had barely known her.

Is this how other people feel when my family calls me names like princess or baby?

The waitress comes over and asks if the table wants a dessert. John says,

"Well, I think this little girl has earned herself some dessert."

Juliette was embarrassed that he called her a little girl in front of the waitress but she seemed to take pity on her.

Juliette told her Daddy what she wanted and the waitress left.

John said as he got up, "Uh, Jack. Come have a drink with me at the bar"

Jackson stands up, "Sure, Dad."

Beau looks at his Dad weird, "What about me? I'm 21."

John starts to walk away with Jackson and he just waved Beau off. Beau rolled his eyes and moved on. Juliette analyzed his face and seemed more hurt than what he was letting on.