Scene 55- It's Back

A week passed and everything went back to normal. It was as if nothing had happened at all. The boys actually started to ease up on Juliette too, which she was really happy about.

The whole family is seen sitting at the table eating dinner. They all sat in their regular spots except for Juliette. She moved to the empty seat across the table so Scarlett could sit next to Jackson. She didn't care much though because Gavin now sat next to her and he'd been nice to her lately. Everyone has.

"Mommy can I have more green beans please?" Juliette asked in a normal sounding voice.

Laura laughed a little and so did most of the boys. Not out of mockery, but out of shock.

"Sure, honey. You never eat extra vegetables." Laura said smiling.

"I think I like them now." Juliette says.

John jokes, "Well it's a Christmas miracle."

And everyone laughs including Juliette. Laura passed them to Beau and he passed them to Gavin who scooped more on her plate.

"Thank you." Juliette remarks sweetly.

"So Scarlett, are you ready to swing a mallet?" John jokes again.

She laughs and replies, "I've never played croquet before."

John looks at Jackson, "Son. How have you never taught her how to play your father's favorite sport?"

Jackson rolls his eyes, "I'll teach her before the party tomorrow."

Juliette tries to ease Scarlett, "Don't worry you'll probably be better than me and I've been playing since I could walk."

Gavin looks at her and snides, "That's because you still use a baby mallet."

Juliette defends herself, "Well sorry I'm short!" And she rolls her eyes and sticks her tongue at him.

Instead of getting chastised, her parents laugh. Gavin decides to play the trick of pointing at her shirt and telling her she has something on it and while she looked down he flicks his finger up to her face.

She gawks and dramatically rolls her eyes to face away from him.

"Ohhhh come on. You know I love you." Gavin says sarcastically as he wraps his arm around her shoulders.

Juliette doesn't say anything back and looks at him frowning.

He gets real close to her face and tells her in a low voice that makes her laugh, "Say it back!"

She giggles and says sassily, "It back."

She liked outsmarting her older brothers and it seemed to make everyone at the table laugh. Even Gavin.

He kisses her on the forehead and let go of her.

Dinner had gone the best all week. And this one was no exception. Juliette felt happy and like her family finally loved her again.