Scene 49- He does for her

Third Person POV
Jackson comes out of the front door a few minutes later. Juliette debated whether she should pretend to be asleep or if she should go embrace Jackson. She decides to pretend to be asleep because she figures Jackson might be mad if she heard that conversation. After all, he said he didn't want anyone to hear that. Juliette didn't blame him though. She's never heard her father that angry before.

Juliette keeps one eye open as she lies on Gavin's chest. She watches Jackson pick up the tray and notice how it's now warped from impact. He starts to kneel down and pick up glass shards from the concrete. After a couple seconds he starts to break down.

Juliette is surprised. She's never seen Jackson cry before. Or at least she doesn't remember the last time it happened. She wanted to get up right then and go hugs him just like he does for her, but she couldn't. He threw the trash bag full of broken glassware by the porch and he notices Juliette and Gavin on the porch swing. Juliette closes her eyes as he walks over to them. She felt him staring over at her for a long time before he bent down and kissed her forehead. Leaving his lips on her skin for a couple moments longer than he usually does. Juliette felt like he was trying to tell her something through that kiss. He then walks to his car to slam the door and aggressively drive off.

Juliette was now more curious than ever, what had happened between her brother and her father?