Scene 44- Jackson and Scarlett

Scarlett drives the jeep home while Jackson sits in the front seat, feeling very sober. Scarlett is angry with him for not discussing it with her.

"Scarlett, honey please don't be mad. I'm not going to take the job. We're still moving in together in Connecticut."

Scarlett says pissed, "You're just going to give up that amazing job? Why?"

Jackson says, "You know I'd never work for my Dad in 100 years."

Scarlett says, "But he really wants you. And you wouldn't be working for him, you'd be next in line for the billion dollar corporation."

Jackson is now pissed, "Are you suggesting I take the job?"

Scarlett gets quiet, "Maybe."

Jackson says, "Then why are you so mad?"

Scarlett argues, "Because I found out from your Dad in front of your entire family."

Jackson argues, "I told you I didn't know he was going to do that. It's not like I had time to say, "Hey by the way babe I just got offered an executive position at my Dad's company." You would have been mad if I said that too."

Scarlett is silent for a while, "I guess yes. I'm sorry for getting so upset. I was just so blindsighted. I thought we were starting our lives together."

Jackson grabs her hand that isn't on the wheel, "We are starting our lives together. I'm sorry my Dad was inconsiderate and made an incredibly premature announcement without you knowing first. I know this affects you too. I'm always here for you babe."

Scarlett smiles and kisses him on the head, "Thank you babe."

A couple seconds of silence follows before Jackson says, "Juliette loved the dress by the way. She says thank you. Three times if I remember correctly."

They both laugh.

Scarlett smiles, "I'm glad she likes it. Did you make her feel better about the whole situation she was in?"

Jackson smiled at her concern for his sister, "Yeah I think so. We had a little bit of an argument, but I think she accepted it and moved on."

Scarlett says, "Good...If it's worth anything, I thought that outfit she had on was adorable."

Jackson laughed, "And I'm pretty sure she'd hate you forever if you said that to her face. But yeah, I kind of miss always seeing JuJu in those toddler outfits. Even when she was 9."

Scarlett was shocked, "She wore toddler outfits when she was 9?! How small was she?"

Jackson didn't want to reveal how crazy his mother was, "Yeah she was just really small and my parents tried not to get rid of clothes until we grew out of them."

Scarlett nods, "Makes sense."

Jackson was glad he got away with the lie. He didn't want his girlfriend to know his weird family secrets. He was scared she would resent them.

"I bet she was so cute when she was a little toddler running around." Scarlett says.

Jackson laughs, "I wouldn't say she was cute. I mean sure, my mom made a point that she looked like a doll everyday, but that's about as cute as she got. She was kind of a terror."

Scarlett says, "Jackson that's a little harsh don't you think? She was two. Everyone is a terror when they're two."

Jackson said horrified, "Not like her..."