Scene 10- Getting Ready for JD's Graduation

Juliette is seen having her hair curled by her mother in a white plush vanity chair. They're both in the master bedroom at her mother's makeup vanity. Juliette has a pink simple dress on from a southern coastal boutique. It had a tiny embroidery emblem in the center of the chest that read "Juliette Marie" Her mother loved monogramming anything for her young children. As long as they would let her.

Juliette- "What's it like to be in high school?"

Laura- "Oh it's a lot like middle school, you're just older. And school is probably a little harder. So once you get used to middle school, you'll be a pro"

Juliette- "How come you and Daddy sent me to Primrose Elementary School?"

Laura- "Oh, well... It just seemed like a better school than the boys had gone to."

Juliette- "I wish I went to middle school this year."

Laura- "I know it's going to be a tough transition from Primrose to St. Luke, but you got it baby. I promise."

Just then, John walks out of the bathroom with his rich cologne following him slowly. His navy Tom Ford suit went with his white dress shirt that he began fixing the collar of. He was rummaging through drawers in the room frantically.

Laura- "What are you looking for hun?"

John- "That watch- My dad's... You know the gift he gives the boys when they graduate?"

Laura- "Oh yes those watches are gorgeous. And timeless"

Juliette- "Will I get one when I graduate?"

John laughs out loud- "Baby you don't need a rolex. Tough luck for you. Grandpa died before he knew you were going to be born so no gift from him."

John said that jokingly hoping to make Juliette laugh, but instead he looks up from his searching through his end table and sees her disappointed face. John saves her heart by walking over and cupping his hands around her face.

John- "Which just means that Daddy gets to spoil you even more."

Laura rolls her eyes, "Not sure how that's even possible."

John returns to his search and Laura finishes up Juliette's hair. She puts a big bow on the top of her head to match her dress. She checks the time and realizes that they're running low on time. Laura puts her hands on the outside of each of juliette's arms from behind her and puts her face close to hers. She looks at her through the mirror in front of them and says,

"Go run and get your shoes on and go get in the car please."

John- "When are we leaving?"

Laura- "Ideally in 10 minutes"

Juliette whines- "I have to wait in the car for 10 minutes?!"

John says, "Juliette Marie,"
As John walks over to the chair and pulls her to stand up by her arm. He pulls her arm so her face is level as it can be with her fathers.

John speaks low and sternly, "Do as your mother says please"

He smiles at her and kisses her forehead. Before he let go of her arm and her father pats her bottom lightly, motioning her to go faster. She starts to scurry out of the room. She was a little embarrassed that her Dad still pats her on the bottom.

She runs into her room. And grabs her shoes that her mom picked out. White Mary Janes Uck. She glanced over to her closet to see a pair of shoes that her friend got her for christmas. Every girl her age wore the platform sandals that were taunting her eyes in front of her. She made a quick decision to grab her platform sandals and took her diary on the way out too. Something was going to have to entertain her in the car.