Scene 53- So Many Tears

Juliette's POV

I woke up in a cold sweat breathing heavily. The scene where my Daddy hit me played in my head over and over again and terrified me out of my sleep.

I was in a bed, but it wasn't mine. It was Jackson's. I looked around and there wasn't anyone in the room. I could hear two voices talking quietly outside the door, but it was locked so I couldn't see who it was.

All of our bedroom doors lock from the outside and all of our bathroom doors lock from the inside. Our parents thought it was so strange when we moved in, but then they just started locking us in our rooms for a couple minutes as a punishment.

I was so hot and wet. I looked down and saw that someone had changed my clothes. That's embarrassing. I didn't tell them they could do that!

I guess Jackson wouldn't want me to get in his bed with a wet swimsuit on though. I didn't recognize what I was wearing, until I did.

I rolled my eyes and started to take it off when I realized it was a Disney princess nightgown from when I was like 8. Dimwits.

I noticed the lock turned and I quickly put down my babyish nightgown to cover myself. Beau and Jackson walked into the room.

"Oh you're awake." Jackson said nicely.

I was embarrassed, tired and annoyed, "Why did you change me into this without asking me?"

Beau said obviously, "Because you were sleeping."

I whined, "I don't even own any princess stuff anymore. Where did you get this?"

Beau and Jackson exchanged a look and laughed at me. I didn't like one bit of it.

Jackson sat down on the edge of the bed and explained, "Remember when you would come to my room in the middle of the night to sleep with me when you were scared?"

"Yesssss." I dragged out annoyed.

I was confused and didn't know where he was going with this.

"Well Mom gave me some extra pj's and underwear for you in case you had one of your...accidents. So that was the easiest thing to put on you."

I hated the way he paused and said "accidents". Just so everyone would know exactly what he said. He emphasized it. I wet my bed like 3 times! Yet everyone makes the biggest deal out of it.

I said annoyed, "You couldn't just walk down the hall three rooms and go get clothes from my bedroom?"

Beau smiled at me and bopped my nose, "Aww, but that wouldn't have been as fun."

I smack his hand as he takes it away from my nose. He looks at me in a way that would terrify most people, but especially me.

"Juliette, be a good girl." Jackson says taking Beau and I's attention away from each other.

He continues, "Just be glad that we saved you from having to talk to Mom or Dad. How are you feeling?"

I wasn't going to talk to them about this. It was too embarrassing.

"I don't want to talk about it." I said. It accidentally came off like I was whining and I regretted sounding like a little kid.

They both waited for me to say something else. It's a scare tactic that
our family uses. Silence to force an answer. I wasn't falling for it though. Instead I commented on something else.

"Can you guys please not change my clothes without my permission anymore?"

They both looked at each other thoughtfully. As if they were thinking to make a joke about "She's all grown up!"