Scene 48- Self Made

Juliette walks into the grand living room and sees Gavin and Beau watching a weird show. She wasn't happy that it was just them too because she thinks that they hate her.

Beau notices her looming in the doorway, "What do you want?"

Gavin now notices her and says, "This is a scary show you can't watch it."

Juliette is shy and unconfident. She says quietly, "I was just bored and looking for someone to do something with me."

Gavin points his finger at Juliette and then motions for her to come closer to him. She rolls her eyes at his commanding demeanor yet quickly walked over to him and listened. Her brothers are older and they protect her, which means she has to obey them. Sometimes she breaks that rule, but she wanted to know what Gavin would say.

He says, "Are you tired? Because you can take a nap with me."

Juliette wasn't really tired, but she hadn't had anything else to do. She nods her head and smiles at the thought of Gavin snuggling her.

Gavin gets up off the couch and tells Beau to watch the show without him.

"Dude, what? Why?" says Beau, a little pissy.

Gavin says as he grabs Juliette's hand and starts to walk out of the room, "Because she can't watch this or we'll be blamed for the nightmares... and the bed wetting."

They both erupt with laughter.

Juliette yells at Gavin and Beau but mostly Gavin, "I do not wet my bed! Ever!"

Beau says snarky, "You used to. And who knows, you loveeee to start up old habits again! Just like your two year old clothes."

Beau and Gavin laugh again and more at their sister.

Juliette yells, "I do not have accidents! I was four!"

Gavin corrects, "Six actually."

Beau adds, "Maybe eight."

Juliette whines, "Nuh uh! I haven't done it in a long time."

Tears start to well up in her eyes and she looks up at Gavin to thrash her hand out of his grip, but she can't.

He looks down at her and smiles, "We're just teasing, baby. You're a big girl now. But you're not big enough to watch this show. Capiche?"

Juliette says angrily, "I wasn't even arguing with you."

Gavin rolls his eyes and him and Juliette leave the room.

Juliette says calmly, "If I'm a big girl can you please let go of my hand?"

Gavin does let go and says, "Yes, thank you for asking politely."

Juliette asks after a few moments following Gavin, "Where are we going?"

Gavin smiles and looks at her, "My favorite nap spot in the house."

They go into a back room behind the pantry.

Juliette scoffs, "Where in the world do you sleep in here?"

There was multiple control panels and a couple cabinets in a long small room they were in.

Gavin flips a switch and laughs at her comment, "I'm turning on the AC for the porch, dummy."

Juliette smiles and says shyly, "Oh."

They walk out the front door to their grand front porch. It's all white painted wood and wraps around the entire front of their mansion. It had many flower pots and chairs but Gavin's favorite was the swinging bench.

He jumped on and layed down on his back with his hands behind his head making an exaggerated relaxed sigh.

Juliette giggled as she looked over him and he soon pulled her on top of him in between his legs. She lied on her stomach and snuggled her head into Gavin's chest as he plays with her hair.

Only a couple minutes later his soft strokes on her scalp got softer and slower until they stopped and she knew Gavin was asleep. He must have been really tired, she thought.

She closes her eyes and tries to go to sleep but she can't. She wasn't all that tired to begin with, if at all.

A couple minutes after she tries to fall asleep she hears voices on the balcony above them on the second floor. Two male voices but she didn't know who. She eavesdropped not knowing what else to do.

Juliette's POV

"Why do we need to come out here, Jack?"

Must have been Daddy. He's the only one that calls Jackson, "Jack".

"I just don't want to have this conversation where people can hear."

That made me giggle. Too late for that.

Jackson seems upset, I hope he's okay. I wonder if it's about Scarlett.

"You mean our family?"

Daddy is definitely offended. What in the world are they talking about?

"Dad, you know I love you and our family and our family business, right?"

"Of course, son. Is this about-"

"I just can't do it though, Dad."

Woah. Jackson interrupted Daddy. He's in for it now.

"What the hell do you mean you can't do it?"

Can't do what? Why is Daddy so mad? And why is Jackson being so direct and rude to him?

"I need to make it on my own. I need to be my own person."

Daddy laughed sarcastically, that can't be good.

"You realize you can't be self made when your parents are millionaires, right?"

Why is Jackson talking about this? I definitely missed something important.

"I didn't say self made, I said my own person."

Oh no, Daddy's gonna yell.

"I never said you had to be me!"

Oh he's yelling alright. Jackson is too.

"You didn't have to! Every time I've made a decision that you wouldn't make you judge me, scold me, and tell me to be a better man. But really you just want me to be you! You all over again! And I'm not going to."

No way he just said that to our Dad. I think Jackson's footsteps just walked inside. He just slammed the door? No wonder Daddy is yelling at him. He's cursing a lot. I wonder how Gavin is sleeping through all of this. Oh my gosh Daddy just threw the silver tray with all of the glass cups over the balcony. There's the door slam again. What in the world just happened?