Scene 56- James Dean Warren Pt. 3

Juliette's POV
I laid on Gavin's lap while we watched a movie in the living room. It was just a couple minutes after dinner had wrapped up. Scarlett had gone up to bed because she wasn't feeling well and Jackson went with her. Beau and JD sat at the island talking to Daddy about some sports. I don't really know or care to know.

My eyes started to drift shut as the movie we were watching was one that Gavin picked and I found it boring. All of a sudden I'm brought out of a lethargic state to Gavin tapping me on my arm. I sit up and look at him confused and he motions toward Mommy looking at me from the kitchen island.

"Come on let's wash your hair."

I. hated. that sentence more than life.

I tried to protest, but it ended up sounding more like a whine.

"Nooo. I don't need to!"

Mommy was persistent, "No, I noticed at dinner. You do need to. Come here please."

Tears started to well up in my eyes. I hated when she washed my hair. She always makes me lay on the counter while she washes my hair in the sink. She said I never washed it good enough and that it was just easier if she did it. It made me feel like a baby and so embarrassed. Gavin noticed that I started to get upset because he used one of his hands to stroke my hair behind my head. I looked at him and he looked like he felt bad for me.

I obeyed my mother out of fear for what she would do if I didn't. Or I thought I would. Instead I didn't respond and I laid my head back down on Gavin.

"Juliette Marie!" I heard my mother exasperated.

I stay laying down. Gavin pats on my back to get me to listen to our mom.

He says in my ear, "Come on Jules, it'll be over with quick."

I frown and shake my head as I bury it in his lap.

All of a sudden I'm being lifted up and someone is grabbing me from behind and wrapped their arms around my stomach. I started to grab Gavin's arm and I don't know why but I started to cry.

Gavin let go of my arm and I looked at him betrayed. I cried louder and the person carrying me shushed me. I didn't know who it was but I assumed it was my Daddy.

"Honey, it's not a big deal. Don't cry."
I heard my dad say to me.

I vigorously shook my head and tried to wiggle free from him, but I was no match to his iron grip.

I started to kick my legs in protest as my Daddy tried to place me on top of the kitchen counter.

"Juliette that is enough. Be a good girl right now or you're getting punished." Daddy snapped.

Out of fear and embarrassment, I stopped fighting and started to cry louder. He lifted me on top of the counter and laid me down to where my head was hanging over the sink. He lightly held me down so I wouldn't escape.

My mother and father looked over me laid down like a helpless freak. And she grabbed my hair as I heard the water turn on. My cries turned into hiccups from being so upset.

"Why are you so upset, baby?" Mommy asked me as she lathered my hair.

I couldn't answer. I tried to sit up as my Daddy wasn't paying attention. He noticed almost instantly and laid me back down angrily. He then pinned me down tight and I yelled in discontent.

"Well that's what you get when you're a bad girl." He said patronizing me.

After ten long minutes, my mother finally wrapped my hair in a towel and Daddy let me sit up. I tried to swing my legs to jump off of the counter, but he didn't let me.