1

"Vipin, come here," I heard my father's voice call for me from the main room of our house. "Yes, Papa?" I asked once I stepped into the room, I noticed a man similar to father's age sitting across from him and next to the man was a boy. He looked to be only one or two years older in human years than myself, his hair was a bright white and his eyes a shiny silver. "Vipin, this is Lord Lazuli Seathorn. He's a fairy lord in a forest on the southern border by the sea. This is his son, Lord Florian Seathorn," father introduced us then turned to them, "This is my daughter, Vipin Blackgarden." I smiled and curtsied a little at the lords, "It's nice to meet you, Lord Lazuli, Lord Florian." Florian grinned at me, "It's nice to meet you as well, Lady Vipin." I grinned back then sat next to my father on the couch across from the Seathorns. "Vipin, Lord Lazuli is here as I've offered your hand for Lord Florian. We understand you're both very young, but once you're 18 in human years you'll be married. We wanted to introduce you two so you can get to know one another," father explained. My cheeks were burning as I looked up at Florian, he was cute and I'd always been self conscious about my own looks. I didn't look like father or mother, that's because the woman I called mother wasn't actually my biological one. Father was with another woman before mother who died in childbirth with me. I was lucky in that mother treated me as her own regardless. She was a beautiful fairy with red hair and bright blue eyes. Father had similar light features, blonde hair and bright hazel eyes. I, on the other hand, took after my biological mother with indigo hair and mulberry colored eyes.

Florian grinned at me again, "I look forward to getting to know you, Lady Vipin." I blushed again but grinned back, "Papa, can I take Lord Florian to the gardens?" I asked my father next to me. He looked at Lord Lazuli, who nodded in response. "We'll be discussing the arrangements, you're very much welcome to take Lord Florian to see the gardens," father answered. We both jumped up from our seats and walked out of the door, Florian behind me. Once the door closed, he breathed a sigh of relief and slouched his shoulders, "I don't know about you Vipin, but I am not into all this Lords and Ladies thing." I giggled, "Oh awesome, me either!" He giggled and grabbed my hand, "Let's see that garden!" We ran away giggling hand in hand, my cheeks still on fire. We sprinted towards the garden, I led Florian to my favorite place. It was a little hideaway that couldn't be seen from my home, surrounded with red spider lilies. "This is so pretty, Vipin!" Florian exclaimed as we sat in my hideaway. I giggled then frowned, "Florian?" my voice was barely above a whisper. He furrowed his brows at me, "What's wrong?" Tears stung my eyes as I stared at the ground in embarrassment, "Uhm...I...I know I'm not as pretty as the other fairies but-" He brought his hand up under my chin to make me look into his silver eyes, he had a soft smile on his face. "Vipin...you are the prettiest fairy I've ever laid eyes on," he whispered sweetly, I didn't think my face could get any hotter.

-100 years later-
Mother was behind me braiding my hair as I stared at myself in the mirror. Today was my wedding day, I was wearing a lacy lilac dress and glittery flats. Mother looked at me in the mirror and smiled, "Are you nervous, Vipin?" she asked quietly. I grinned and nodded, "A little, but I've known Florian for awhile now, I know he'll make a fine husband." When she looked back to my hair, my grin faded. It wasn't that I didn't love Florian, I did...but I felt like something was missing from my life and I hadn't been able to pinpoint it. Once mother finished my hair, she left me to my thoughts, the ceremony would be starting soon. I stared at myself in the floor length mirror next to the window, the edge of the forest was close by. Just as I was about to turn away, I caught a glimpse of movement in my peripheral vision out the window. "What was that?" I asked myself aloud as I focused on the tree-line. I couldn't see anything but I felt an ominous presence lingering in that area. Something about it was enticing, though I knew logically I should've been afraid. My hand was in the middle of reaching for the window when arms wrapped around my waist. I yelped in surprise, Florian giggled behind me. "I didn't mean to scare you, dear," he whispered in my ear, making me shudder. I let out a couple of delighted whimpers as he kissed my neck, his hands shifted from my waist to my chest to grope me.