11

"Should I tell Zeldris?! How do I speak with Gowther?! Has a demon ever had two sálufélagi?" I grabbed her hands and asked frantically, I was terrified. I loved Zeldris with everything I had, how could I have more room to love Meliodas? She patted my head, "It's a touchy subject and I'm not sure how he'll react but he is your sálufélagi. If you don't tell him, he'll know something's wrong. And I'm sure you wouldn't feel great about keeping it from him as well. I may not be a demon, but I've watched enough of them go through this to know...your souls are tied together. It'll be physically painful for you to do anything detrimental to him," she smiled softly at me then stood up. "If you're anything like your mother, I know you won't take things like this lightly. I've known Master Zeldris all his life, he's a good person. Be good to him and he'll be good to you," with that, she left the room. I stared at my hands but knew she was right, I needed to tell him as soon as possible. "Zel?" I called out timidly in my mind, wondering if he was still with his father. "What's wrong, Vipin?" his voice was full of concern, my heart ached immediately. Rize wasn't kidding, even hearing him as anything besides happy hurt. "Uhm...I'm not sure. Where are you?" I asked, I felt like I was going to start hyperventilating at the thought of telling him.

Before I knew it I sensed his presence coming towards me, tears stung my eyes as soon as I saw him, he looked so worried. "Vipin baby, what's wrong?!" he cupped my face in his hands and wiped my tears away with his thumbs. "Can we go somewhere else to talk?" his face was so worried I couldn't stop crying and my heart wouldn't stop aching, he nodded and pulled me into his arms bridal style, "I know just the place," he murmured then started walking. We eventually ended up in the gardens, despite being upset my eyes lit up at the sight of red spider lilies everywhere, "They're so beautiful!" I exclaimed, choking a little as I let out a sob. Zeldris sat on the ground and hugged me tightly against him, "Vipin, you're really scaring me. What's wrong?" I peered into his bright green eyes and choked out, "I think Meliodas might also be my sálufélagi. Today while you were grabbing breakfast h-h-he almost k-kissed m-me and I f-felt w-w-weird but not like w-w-with you or even when I was w-w-with F-Florian. W-w-why, Z-Zel?! Is t-t-this c-common?!" Zeldris was extremely tense as soon as I started to get the words out and I was afraid of how he was going to react but he looked down at me with soft eyes and caressed my cheek. He wiped away the few tears that were still straggling down my face and kissed me passionately. "I'm not sharing you. We'll go see Gowther to see what can be done," he whispered then kissed me again, slipping his tongue into my mouth.

-Meliodas' POV-
My hearts started aching suddenly, like the feeling I'd get when Vylera was upset or crying. I took a deep breath and exhaled sharply through my nose in annoyance, why was this happening? It was like I was 227 all over again. Was it possible for a demon to have another sálufélagi after a bond is severed? It didn't seem to happen with demons who's mates had died but...Vylera severed it herself. Vipin is her daughter...was what Father said right? Fate wants our bloodlines together? But...Zeldris is Vipin's sálufélagi...I couldn't understand why this was happening but I felt Vipin's presence in the garden with my brother. I knew I shouldn't but I was compelled to know what was wrong with her. It was killing me on the inside, like an itch I couldn't scratch, knowing she was upset. Though something like this was how I tracked her down the night I met her...her happiness was so intense I couldn't stop myself from finding her. I was shocked when I saw her that night.

I camouflaged my magic then wandered down to the gardens, stopping on the other side of the bushes that my brother and Vipin were behind. "Vipin, you're really scaring me. What's wrong?" I heard Zeldris ask her, his voice was full of anxiety. Vipin sniffled then choked out, "I think Meliodas might also be my sálufélagi. Today while you were grabbing breakfast h-h-he almost k-kissed m-me and I f-felt w-w-weird but not like w-w-with you or even when I was w-w-with F-Florian. W-w-why, Z-Zel?! Is t-t-this c-common?!" My hearts were pounding, so she did feel it?! I couldn't deny that they were pounding with excitement even though I knew it was wrong. Vipin was Zeldris' sálufélagi, not mine. I lost mine because I was an idiot, I didn't deserve another...but hearing her say she felt it as well. That seemed to make something click in my head and I immediately needed her. Fuck. I was waiting to hear my baby brother's reply for what felt like an eternity and I was filled with rage once he did speak, "I'm not sharing you. We'll go see Gowther to see what can be done."