16

Memories of being in the demon realm flooded into my head.

Meliodas almost kissing me.

Asking if I felt it too.

Realizing he was also my sálufélagi.

Going with Zeldris to see Gowther to block it from our minds.

Warning if our blood mixed it'd be reversed.

The knight ripped his sword out of us and took off. Just then Meliodas regained consciousness, felt the same pain I had then his eyes met mine and all I wanted to do was get in his pants. "No...NO! You can't be too, what about Zeldris?!" I shouted at him then pushed him away from me. I yelped in pain from the physical and emotional toll I'd just placed on myself from trying to reject him as well as the pained look in his eyes. "Vipin...I-" he started to try to say, he was also in pain as he tried to resist the draw he had for me. "No no no no no! I can't, no!" I exclaimed then spread my wings and tried to fly away only to be trapped in a pink cube. "What the fuck is this?!" I growled and punched it once then turned around to see Meliodas was also in one. "Merlin!" I heard Ban exclaim then I noticed the scantily clad woman from years ago had appeared. "What are you doing here, Merlin?" Diane asked her as she brought my cube down next to Meliodas' but didn't combine them. "Preventing a disaster waiting to happen. Captain, did you know Zeldris and Vipin went to him for this?" she asked the blonde pointedly, clearly irritated. He glanced at me and sighed heavily, "Yes...I told them to because I don't deserve-" he started but she pinched the bridge of her nose and interrupted him, "It doesn't matter what you think you deserve. You can't fight fate."

The others had gotten closer to stare at us as if we were animals in a cage, "Merlin, why do their eyes look like that?" King asked what everyone else was thinking. "Let's get to the bar, I'll explain everything there," she insisted then started to move our cubes that were now connected, only one wall kept us separated. "NO! Let me go!" I growled and banged on the wall before I started coughing and holding my head. Meliodas himself was also wincing in pain, the rest of the group had looks of extreme concern on their faces. They settled down in the Boar Hat with Meliodas and I in our cubes, each of us grimacing as we continued trying to resist it. "So what's happening with Cap'n and Vipin?" Ban got straight to the point as the others sipped their ale. Merlin glanced back at us, earning a glare from myself, then turned her attention back to the group. "Before you make any judgements, remember this was put on them when they were born. Well, specifically it was put on Vipin as Captain is older than her," she started, confusing the group even more. "Can you just get to the point, Merlin?!" Hawk exclaimed impatiently.

She smirked at him then looked around the room, her eyes landed on Elizabeth with a bit of pity, "Don't interrupt me with questions until I'm finished. To start, the Captain and Vipin are from the demon clan. Technically, Vipin is only half, she's also half-fairy. As to what's going on with them specifically, demons have what is called a sálufélagi. It's the equivalent to what you'd call predestined love in the non-demonic tongue. It's absolutely fated, they can't escape it. Demons themselves run on instinct more than any of the other clans so it's natural that this driving force would be complicated to say the least. Normally as children they'd already know who their sálufélagi are and would perform the bonding ritual at the age of 227, or 18 in human years. They can't ignore it, if they try, their minds will slowly devolve until they're like animals in heat and it'll force the bond to be completed. Here's where it gets complicated. Vipin wasn't born in the demon realm, she was born in Britannia to her demon mother and her fairy father. Her mother died shortly after giving birth but Vipin's demonic heritage was kept from her until she met Captain and his younger brother Zeldris. Zeldris is Vipin's sálufélagi. To further complicate things, Vipin's mother, Vylera, was Captain's original sálufélagi. She broke that bond with him when she didn't want the responsibilities she was given in the demon realm, then found Vipin's father and Vipin came to be. Maybe it's that fate wants Vipin's bloodline mixed with the Captain and his brother's bloodline, or maybe since Vylera broke the bond it was transferred to Vipin. Regardless, the Captain is also Vipin's sálufélagi but their bond was never completed as Zeldris and Vipin had another demon erase it from everyone's memories and blocked the draw they had for one another. However, since their blood has mixed and entered their bodies, it broke that block and the bond will be completed without fail."