13

—Florian's POV—
War had broken out after the eldest Demon Prince abandoned the realm. I was shocked, from what Lapis had told me he was sickeningly evil. I was also terrified Vipin was going to get hurt, would she fight against the other 4 clans because of Zeldris? I hadn't seen her since the war started but I was determined to make sure she was okay. I knew where the main portal to the demon realm was so I'd staked it out for the past few days hoping she'd come back to Britannia. I jumped up as soon as I felt her magical presence and made a beeline for her. "Vip! I've been so worried about you!" I exclaimed as I strangled her in a tight hug, she'd gotten so strong these past 25 years that I knew she could handle herself but I'd always love and want to protect her. "Flor, you're squeezing too tight," she coughed out, making me giggle. I stroked her hair and stared into her vivid mulberry eyes. "How are you holding up?" I asked her quietly, her eyes teared up a little, making my heart ache. "I don't know what to do, Flor. Zeldris...he's the leader of the Demon King's elite warriors now and he's so angry at Meliodas. Their Father tasked me with bringing Meliodas back since he knows about my Soul Manipulation magic and to kill the goddess but...I just don't think all this fighting is right! Why are we even fighting? Over magic in Britannia? Is that really worth killing over?" she was rambling and had started to cry, I hugged her again unsure what to do. "Vip...I know you don't want to do this but could you leave the demon realm and stay neutral? I know it'll hurt to be-" I started but she interrupted me, "I'll never leave Zeldris' side. The thought makes me physically ill...I just hope I can convince him to forget this bloodlust. He doesn't even care about the war, he's just mad at his brother and wants revenge." I frowned at her but knew nothing I could say would change her mind.

—My POV—
I parted ways with Florian and headed to the Fairy King's forest where I knew Meliodas had been. Stigma's headquarters was also there and though I knew the rest of the clans likely recognized my face as being on the demon's side, they wouldn't recognize my animal form. I transformed into a small pinkish red fox, it was always cute to me that Florian and I's animal forms were both foxes. I trotted into the forest and sniffed around, trying to find Meliodas when a sword landed in front of me, "I know that's you, Vipin. Why are you here?" Meliodas growled as he walked out of the brush. Of course he'd be able to sense me immediately, I shifted back into my normal state and crossed my arms. "The Demon King wants me to bring you home and dispose of the goddess. I-" I started to explain when he attacked me, I blocked with my own sword and wrapped tree roots around his calves. "Would you let me finish? Jeez!" I huffed and glared at him. My cheeks turned a rosy color when our eyes met, it was a strange feeling. My heart had ached when I thought about him not being in the demon realm, I didn't understand it. It had to be because it was hurting Zeldris, definitely. Since I'd stopped him mid-attack he was much closer than I'd liked so I took a step back, "What I was going to say before you rudely interrupted me is that I don't want this war anymore than you do. I'm not going to force you to come back with me and I'm not going to kill the goddess. I'm actually happy you found someone, Rize told me what happened after my mother broke her bond with you..."

His eyes softened as they turned blue-green and a small sad smile formed on his face, "Besides your pointed ears, you're the exact replica of Vylera. Not a day's gone by that I haven't thought of her. Getting to see your face helps," he admitted quietly, his cheeks were slightly pinker than usual. My heart started racing, "Uhm...anyway...I don't agree with this war and I just want it to stop but I don't know how. I don't know how to get Zeldris to give up on the thought of revenge either. He's just upset you abandoned us, I know he doesn't give a shit about the war," I lamented as I released him from the tree root shackles. Meliodas put his sword away, "I know you won't be able to tolerate being away from Zel for a long time but...Elizabeth and I want to end this useless bloodshed. You could join us, if you want." I shook my head immediately, "I won't leave his side. I can't." He nodded sadly, "I know. It was just a suggestion. I don't know how to convince my brother to change his mind either, he's as stubborn as they come."