12

Zeldris and I left the prison after speaking with Gowther, he'd wanted to introduce me to him as he was part of the Ten Commandments. Zel planned on introducing me to the others later on. As we headed back home, we saw Meliodas about to leave. He flew up in front of us, "We have a mission. Bring her, I want to see if she can use her magic like her mother or if her bloodline was tainted too much by that fairy," he growled quietly. I was trembling yet again, he truly hated me because of my father, didn't he? Zeldris squeezed my hand in his, he could feel how scared I was, "I need to grab my gear, we'll meet you at the portal." Meliodas glared at me before flying off, "Zel...is there anything I can do to make Meliodas hate me less?" I asked quietly. He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly through his nose, "I don't think so. According to Rize, Vylera leaving him completely changed him...which I get. If you left me, I'd be devastated. He's been this way since I was a baby, I think he tried his best for me but...I would've liked to know my brother before that happened." My heart ached for both of them, wishing there was something I could do. We quickly grabbed our swords then headed to meet Meliodas, my heart raced as he stared at me longer than I was comfortable with before he led us to Britannia.

"What's the mission, brother?" Zeldris asked as we hovered over the trees. "There are some goddesses ambushing some of our kin as they cross into Britannia for no reason other than they're demons," Meliodas replied. He paused for a moment then looked back at me, "I want you to use your Soul Manipulation on one of them to see us as their allies and the goddesses as their enemies," he explained. I nodded, "Uhm, I'll try," I squeaked out, I could hardly bear his intense gaze. We snuck up on the goddesses and hid in the bushes, "You're a fairy, you go out first. They won't attack you," Meliodas ordered. I'd never had to fight before, I was nervous. What if they did attack me? I wandered out of the bushes and towards the goddesses, they whipped their swords out so I cowered in fear, half pretending, "Please don't hurt me! I just need help!" I peeked at them through my fingers. "Sorry, little one. You startled us is all," one of them apologized and patted my head. I was used to this treatment whenever I interacted with members of other clans besides the fairy clan and evidently the demon clan. Perhaps it was because I was half-demon that they could tell I wasn't a child. Perhaps it was the giant tits.

"What did you need help with?" another of them asked, they were surrounding me. "Use your magic on the biggest one," I heard Zeldris' voice in my head, "He's the most powerful." I grinned up at the tallest goddess, I was feeling extremely guilty but Meliodas would kill me if I didn't obey him, I was sure of it, "Some demons were following me, I was hoping you could protect me. I'm not very strong, my clan doesn't really fight." He put his hand on my chin and caressed my cheek with his thumb, "How could I turn away a cute little fairy like yourself?" he remarked, I watched his eyes flick down to my chest then meet my own again. My eyes darkened slightly as I started using my magic, I hadn't used it really since I'd married Florian. "They're this way, follow me!" I exclaimed and grabbed his hand tightly. He winced just a tiny bit, my magic was reaching down into his soul and as soon as I felt where his soul kept the lives that he cherished, I latched on and manipulated them to become enemies and his enemies his allies. Once I finished, my eyes lightened back to their vivid mulberry color and he shook his head. I could feel the other goddesses suspicion when the goddess with me activated his power and drew his sword, "Your lives end here!" he shouted then Meliodas and Zeldris came out of the bushes.

The other goddesses looked at their comrade and the demons in surprise then glared at me, "You're with the demons?! Are you even a fairy?!" I jumped back to stand next to Zeldris, "Half, not that it matters to you," I replied quietly, my voice was conflicted. This didn't feel right, why were we fighting them? Couldn't we come to a mutual understanding? Before they could say anything else, their comrade started to attack them, "You goddesses will pay for everything!" He killed one of them quickly then locked swords with another. "Doldir, what the hell is wrong with you?!" they shouted in his face, he growled back. Meliodas smirked down at me, "You are definitely Vylera's daughter. You'll rise through the ranks quickly." I frowned once he started attacking the goddesses with the one I'd manipulated, Zeldris joined as well. I stood and watched, I didn't like this at all, but what choice did I have? My lover was a Demon Prince, of course he would fight goddesses and I wasn't going to stay behind when he'd go to do so.