14

I stood on a cliff top staring at the empty battlefield. I didn't see anyone, I didn't hear anyone, I couldn't even sense anyone. As soon as I felt it, or lack thereof, I started hyperventilating. Where was Zeldris?! My knees slammed to the ground. I couldn't hear anything but my heartbeat in my ears as I continued to hyperventilate. My eyes were useless as my tears blinded me then I started throwing up. He was gone. Why? WHY?! Everything went black after that. "She's over here!" I heard a woman's voice, unknown to me and muffled then someone picked me up. "It's okay, Vip, I've got you," a man's voice, it sounded familiar and worried. I slept for what felt like an eternity and when I woke I instantly started sobbing, Zeldris was gone. Was he dead? I couldn't feel him anywhere but I still felt our bond. I sobbed so hard I started vomiting on the floor next to the bed, again I couldn't see anything as the constant flow of tears blinded me. "Flor, she's awake! Hurry!" the same woman's voice shouted. Florian? Oh yeah, from what I could sense, this was my old home. The door slammed open, I couldn't stop sobbing nor hyperventilating. The pain was so immense, physically and emotionally, it felt like the world was ending. Is this how Meliodas felt when my mother broke her bond with him?

-Florian's POV-
I didn't know whether to hug Vipin or shake her, every time she'd wake up it was the same. Sobbing and hyperventilating to the point of vomiting then she'd scream in agony and pass out. I'd sent for Lapis a day ago, hopeful he could help her. "Florian?!" I heard him shout from the front door, "In here, Lapis!" I yelled back, my voice full of defeat. Lapis instantly started crying at the sight of his daughter, who was now holding her head, soon she'd start screaming then she'd inevitably pass out. "Lapis...I don't know what to do for her, it's been this way for three days straight," I choked out, it pained me to see Vipin in such agony.

He sat next to her and hugged her tightly, she didn't react to him and continued hyperventilating. "This is what happened with Vylera when she broke her bond with Meliodas...I don't know what this means as to what happened with Zeldris, but my guess is he was sealed with the rest of his clan," Lapis explained, I could see him trembling as he kissed the top of Vipin's head as she started to scream. "Will she ever feel better? Are you sure he was sealed? What if...?" I didn't want to say it in case it would affect Vipin, but I was terrified Zeldris had died. "Vylera told me before she went through the process of breaking her bond that when their mates die it's painful but not like this at all. I'm confident he's been sealed but Vipin's body and mind don't know what's happening so it's as if that bond is being destroyed," Lapis answered, stroking Vipin's hair as she'd finally went back to sleep, "We can't do anything for her other than wait it out and hope she can pull through."

I was about to say something when an overwhelming sense of dread washed over me, so much so I almost threw up myself. "Iridia, get in here now!" Lapis yelled, she ran in the room and grabbed my arm tightly. "What is that, Lord Lapis?!" she asked worriedly. "There's no mistaking it. It's Meliodas," he whispered, all of us were on edge as it was evident he was right outside my home. We heard the door slam open then he was in the bedroom doorway in an instant. "Stay awa-" I started to growl but Lapis put his hand in front of me, "Don't try to stop him," he whispered harshly to me. His black eyes glared at the three of us, then softened slightly when they landed on Vipin's face, confusing me.

"How long?" he spat out and glared at me. "How long what?" I asked incredulously, he gritted his teeth. "How long has she been in withdrawal?!" he growled, his fists were clenched. "T-three d-days," Iridia answered meekly, watching every move he made. He took a deep breath and exhaled sharply through his nose then quickly stepped up to Vipin. I tried to stand in protest when he started to pick her up but Lapis grabbed my wrist and shook his head. "Where are you taking my daughter?" Lapis asked pointedly, earning the intense gaze of Meliodas' terrifying eyes. "It's not any of your business, fairy. I'm the only one that can help her now. Stay out of it," his voice made Iridia and I shudder. I mustered up all the courage I had, "Please...please take care of Vipin for me," I choked out as tears stung my eyes, terrified this would be the last time I'd see her again. He stared at me for what felt like an eternity then everything went dark.