4

Zeldris grinned at me, my stomach was full of butterflies at the sight of him. My cheeks turned bright pink then I shimmied out of his grip quickly, "What's next?" I asked, clearly flustered. He chuckled, he knew the effect he was having on me and he couldn't help but enjoy it. He did find me attractive after all. Wings of darkness appeared on his back suddenly, "You already know how to use your wings, you just didn't realize it I think. Your fairy wings are shrouded in darkness, I'm surprised no one ever said anything. But actually, I don't think a full fairy's wings disappear either... Anyway, I wanna show you something, come with me," he held his hand out with a small smile on his face.

I was suddenly cognizant of my father's words, that Meliodas may have planned to have Zeldris kidnap me and bring me to the demon realm for him. I hesitated too long, he frowned slightly and put his hand down, "Is something wrong, Vipin?" he asked quietly, clear concern in his voice. I avoided his gaze, "My father...he confronted me after last night...he warned me about being around you..." I reluctantly answered. He furrowed his brows and stepped up to me, putting his hand under my chin to make me look up into his green eyes, "Have I done anything to make you think I'd hurt you?" he asked softly. His face was so close to mine, my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest as my cheeks turned bright red, "N-no..." I breathed out. A soft smile appeared on his face, "Good. I have no intention of hurting you, Vipin. Now, will you come with me?" I grinned and took his hand, "Yeah!" The instant I spread my wings, he yanked me up into the air, I yelped in surprise. "Where are we going anyway?" I asked, giggling as we flew quickly in an undetermined direction. "It's a surprise, you'll see!"

-Florian's POV-
As I was on my way home, I saw two people shoot up out of the forest near mine and Vipin's home, then they took off flying north. One of them looked like Vipin, but it wasn't her, right? Why was she holding the man's hand, if it was her?

-My POV-
My heart wouldn't settle as Zeldris held my hand and led me to wherever he had planned. I was starting to feel guilty as I remembered promising my father I wouldn't see him again but also that I was keeping something like this from Florian. He was a sweet husband and I didn't want to hide anything from him, I just didn't want him to be afraid of me if he found out I was half-demon. We flew for awhile, almost halfway to the northern forest where I was from. I was getting anxious, Florian was going to be home soon, no doubt he'd worry about me if I wasn't there waiting for him. Zeldris finally slowed and landed on a cliff side, a small cave was slightly obscured by some low hanging branches of the surrounding trees. He led me into the cave, I wasn't sure what to expect but I heard running water. I let out a loud gasp when we entered the main portion of the cave, it was gorgeous. A large waterfall cascaded down over the rocky wall of the tall cave to a pool at the bottom that was surrounded by my favorite flower: red spider lilies. I was shocked, how did he know they were my favorite? Did he know? He hopped down and pulled me with him to the bottom of the cave, I was mesmerized. "This place is beautiful..." I breathed out, he smiled at me. "I thought you might like it, something about it reminded me of you when I came across it," he admitted sheepishly, a light pink dusted his cheeks. I wasn't sure what was louder, the roar of the waterfall or the pounding of my heartbeat in my ears. "Red spider lilies are my favorite flower!" I exclaimed as I squatted down to look at them closer, grinning ear to ear.

Zeldris smiled, "That makes it even better then," he sat down next to me and picked one of the little white wildflowers and twirled it between his fingers. It occurred to me then we hadn't really spoken about ourselves to one another. "Uhm...so...how old are you?!" I blurted out, he looked at me mildly surprised then giggled. "About 18 in human years, you?" he asked, his cheeks were slightly pink as he grinned, unlike his usual smirk. I grinned back, "18 in human years as well...Do you come to Britannia often?" He hummed, "I wouldn't say often, just when I have a mission usually. Most of the time I'm at home." I tilted my head, "What sorts of missions? Do Demon Princes have jobs?" He flopped onto his back and sighed heavily, "I do...I'm..." he trailed off, his voice was quiet and sounded slightly upset. "Are you okay?" I asked then leaned my head over his face to look down at him. Unfortunately, he started to lean up onto his elbows at the same time. My brain froze when his lips met mine, he froze as well for a brief second, then he intentionally kissed me. I instinctively kissed him back but when my brain finally registered what was happening, I pulled away so quickly I fell backwards and into the pool of water behind me. "Vipin!" Zeldris shouted, then grabbed my arm and yanked me out of the pond. I immediately started shivering, the water was cold. "Vipin...I'm sorry, I...I shouldn't have done that..." he apologized sheepishly, he gathered sticks quickly then lit them on fire, only the flames were a brilliant purple with some pink and black.