6

Zeldris finished off the goddess that was trapped by the tree root, shook the blood off his sword, then sheathed it and started walking back to where I was hiding with the demon child. They wiggled out of my arms and ran to him, hugging onto his legs and speaking in their native tongue. He grinned, knelt down to talk to them face to face, and patted their head. They were grinning back at him and speaking excitedly it seemed. By now I'd left the cover of the bushes and was approaching them, the child pointed at me and continued talking to Zeldris in excitement. I heard Zeldris say my name then he giggled and grinned and picked them up in his arms then turned to me, "This is Olve, she wanted me to thank you for keeping her safe and being nice to her." My heart felt like it was exploding at the sight of him acting so tenderly with this small child, "Will you tell her I was happy to keep her safe? I obviously don't know how to speak the demon language so I wasn't sure what she needed until she hugged me. Did she ask for my name when you told her?" He smiled softly at me, "You can learn. She did, she also asked if you were my
lover and said you were very pretty. I agreed with her," he replied as he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. My cheeks were on fire, I wasn't sure what to say as I stared at him. He turned his face back to Olve and spoke to her, she said my name and looked at me then back to him. I was feeling super awkward not being able to understand their conversation when they were very clearly talking about me. "I'm going to take Olve back to her parents. She wants you to come with us. I understand if you can't or don't want to but I assume you came to find me for something?" his green eyes felt like they were burning into my soul and in that moment I knew I should say no but I had an overwhelming impulse to not leave his side even though I knew Florian would be looking for me.

I hesitated for a second then asked, "Are her parents nearby?" He stood still and looked like he was thinking then turned his head towards the north, "They're not too far from here. Maybe a half hour flight?" He held his hand out to me, "Promise, it won't take long. Then I can show you some more magic or something." I put my hand in his and it felt like a shockwave went through me, it took me by surprise. I had a compulsion to get closer to him immediately, what the fuck was wrong with me? He was just a friend and I was married! A really hot friend with gorgeous eyes and silky black hair and an insanely muscular body...but still! I spread my wings after he did then he pulled me into the sky to head north. Olve was giggling and pointing at things below us, it made me smile. I did however feel like I was going to explode as Zeldris hadn't let go of my hand. I knew it was wrong but I didn't want him to let go. He grinned at me when I giggled at Olve giggling, my cheeks lit up and my stomach jumped in excitement. We landed and found two large grey demons in a cave, I was shocked, they were so big. Olve happily jumped into their arms as Zeldris spoke to them in their language, I heard him say my name and then my mother's, making me even more curious as their eyes widened a little after he said her name. After they finished their conversation, Olve called my name and waved happily, then she left with her parents.

"I heard you say my mother's name, did they know her?" I asked as I watched them fly away. He hummed, "No not really, they just thought you looked familiar. They knew of her though, our entire clan did. I mean, she was the future queen after all." I sighed and looked at him, "Florian told me he spoke with you...Zeldris, why didn't you tell me what you told my husband about Meliodas? I..." I trailed off as my heart ached tremendously to be saying goodbye to him, I didn't even want to say it out loud. Why did I feel this way about a man I just met three days ago? He stepped slightly closer to me with a look of concern on his face, "I didn't want to scare you, Vipin...I'm sorry..." the pain on his face was evident, making my heart ache even more. "Zeldris...after what Florian told me, I-" why couldn't I get the words out? He furrowed his brows, "You what?" Tears stung my eyes, I was so confused as to why this was hurting me so much, "I can't see you anymore, it's too dangerous if Meliodas shows up. I just wanted to say goodbye and thank you for teaching me. I'm so happy I got to meet you and I-" His face went through a variety of emotions as I spoke and he wasn't sure which to settle on but ultimately he chose frustration and interrupted me in a creepily calm demeanor, "No...no, you can't. I won't let you..."