Five • Billie's clothes

"Hey. Why are you crying Wren? Did I say something wrong?" Billie calmly questioned while sitting on the edge of the bed.
But still wren did not respond.
Billie sighed and reached over to wipe her tears which made her flinch. Really hard.
"Wren. I'm only going to ask you once alright? Has Avery ever hit you?"
Wren looked up at Billie with tears still overflowing her eyes.
She blinked a few times and that was enough for Billie to know that Avery had laid hands on the young girl.
"So first she gives you access to alcohol and now she laid hands on you? Do I need to get the police involved?"
"No. No no. Please no." Wren spoke up.
"She's no good for you Wren, I promise everything will get so much better if you just let her go."
And then she started crying more.
"I love her."
"Very well. You should get some rest. You really should join me tomorrow for breakfast. You could wear something of mine."
   Wren just nodded and laid down, grunting at the right squeezing of the jeans on her stomach.
   "You look uncomfortable. Would you like some shorts?"
   Wren just shrugged her shoulders and scrolled through her social media accounts over and over until Billie brought her an outfit, though all she needed was a pair of shorts.    
  "I brought you a more comfortable shirt as well. Go into the bathroom and change, and then you can rest."