Twenty four • Dead roses

"Mama. Mama. Nightmare." Wren cried while running into Billie's office.
   "Come her pumpkin." Billie said while muting herself on the meeting.
   Wren nuzzled her face into Billie's neck while Billie hushed her, rocking her back and fourth.  
   Billie ended up leaving the meeting to be with her little.
   "You're okay Wren. I promise. You're okay."
"You gonna leave for him." She pushed Billie away and ran toward the closet. She hugged her knees in the dark closet and Billie sighed.
   "Pumpkin. Baby. I promise I'm not going anywhere. You can come out."
    "Nu uh."
It was obvious wren was crying more. Billie could hear it through the closed door. She opened the door and sat in the closet with wren.
   "Go away."
She cried into her hands.
  "No baby. I wanna be here with you. Even if we're quiet."
"You not leave?" Wren wiped her nose on her sleeve and scooted closer to Billie.
"Of course not baby. Can we get out of the closet now? I'll get you some juice and a snack and we can talk."
Wren just nodded and followed Billie out of the closet.
Billie lifted her off of the ground and took her to the kitchen.
"What snack pumpkin?"
"Strawberries."

*time skippppppp*

Wren hasn't seen Billie in a month. They had a massive argument and decided to break up so Wren has been searching for houses with the help of Claudia.
   "This apartment is nice and it has an opening for you to see it today." Claudia smiled while rubbing Wrens back.    
    "Yeah. We should go see it."
Meanwhile Billie was flipping out. She fell into a depressive state and her house was a disaster, the only thing keeping Billie going is writing music. And it's all sad.
   She went out to her garden to see that all of her plants had died, all except the pumpkins. They were perfect, especially because Halloween is right around the corner.
   Billie went back up to her room to hopefully get ready for a big Halloween party Finneas had invited her to but all she wanted to do was lie in bed.
    It wasn't like her to cry so much over losing a big part of her. All she used to do was distance herself from everyone, no tears were she'd. but now it's completely different.
    Back to Wren and Claudia.
They looked at the apartment and Wren paid the down payment and then they went back to Finneas and Claudia's house to get ready for the Halloween party.
   "Are you sure Billie isn't gonna be there?"wren asked as Claudia zipped her latex dress.
   "Almost 100% sure Wren. This dress looks so good on you."