Eighteen •Till forever falls apart

"Bye bye." Wren sniffled while Billie walked to the door with her suitcase.
"Don't cry pumpkin. I'll be back in two days, I promise." Billie knelt down and kissed Wren on the nose before pulling her into a tight hug.
"Gonna miss you." Wren said as the tears finally fell down her face.
   "I'm going to miss you so much more pumpkin. I love you soooo much and I'll come home and give you lots of hugs and kisses and cuddles. And we can go wherever you want."
Wren just shook her head and hugged Billie super tightly, never wanting to let go.
"okay pumpkin. I have to go now." Billie said while standing up.
  "Awh. Okay." Wren responded.
"We can FaceTime before bed and I can sing to you. Bye bye princess."
  Wren watched as Billie slowly stepped out the door, not even looking back at Wren.
Wren rushed to the window to watch Billie leave and to wait for Finneas and Claudia. But they never showed up so Wren had to leave her mind space to ensure that she was safe.
Hours passed.
They still haven't arrived and she was getting anxious. She finally walked away from the window and sat on the couch, she watched a scary movie since she wasn't feeling little so she thought she'd be okay.
That is until she heard the backdoor swing open.
   She jumped up, the fright scared her right into little space. She hugged her knees and cried silently until someone placed their hand on her shoulder.
  "Hey you're okay. It's just me." Claudia whispered while grabbing the now little from her fetal position.
   "I'm scared." She whimpered.
"It's okay. It's okay. I'm here to protect you love." Claudia bounced Wren around for a few solid minutes until Wren spoke.
  "Where's Finneas?" She sniffled.
"He had to stay home, he was feeling really sick so I'm going to stay here with you. Is that okay?"
  Wren nodded in agreement as she pointed to her phone on the couch.
  "Call Billie. I sleepy."
The little rubbed her eyes and rested her head on Claudia's shoulder.
  "Okay love. I'm sure she landed by now.'
Claudia carried Wren up to hers and Billie's shared room and laid her on the bed.
"Call." She pouted with puppy dog eyes.
"I will I will." Claudia chuckled a bit as she pressed the green FaceTime button before tucking the little into bed with her special fluffy blanket and pink bunny.

"Why hello pumpkin. You're ready for bed and a song aren't you?"

"Yes please."

"You're precious. Okay angel. Which song?"

"Finneas song Finneas song!"

Billie already knew what song it was.
"Till forever falls apart."
Billie started singing it and before she knew it Wren had fallen asleep. She looked so calm and relaxed, Billie just had to take a FaceTime photo.

"Goodnight pumpkin."