Nine • getting to know Wren

Billie started her morning off by making Wren some breakfast while she slept peacefully in Billie's bed.
Billie gathered all of Wren's favorite fruits and made her a small fruit salad with some peanut butter and jelly pancakes. Those are Wren's favorite.
And then it was time to wake up the little.
Billie crept up the stairs and very quietly pushed the bedroom door open before sitting on the edge of the bed and sweeping the loose hairs from infront or Wren's face.
Her nose crinkled up as she attempted to open her eyes but the sunlight peering through the blinds was way too bright.
"Wakey wakey. I made breakfast since we have half of today off."
A smile crept onto Wren's face as she leapt out of bed, chasing Billie down the stairs.
After breakfast they decided to talk. Talk about what makes Wren little and what Billie should or shouldn't do.
"Okay. What makes you feel little?"
"When. Um. When people are nice to me but also when they're mean to me. Certain names." Wren had her head in Billie's lap while Billie played with her hair.
That made her feel little too.
"So. When I care for you and treat you how you should be treated, how does that make you feel?"
"I. I feel like I've known you for forever. And I'm comfortable being around you but I'm still to shy to. You know. Regress? It makes me feel included and seen."
Billie awed at the last part.