Twenty nine • heartbeat

Billie carried wren around with her in the house. Wren was terribly sick with a fever and Billie was doing everything she could to help her feel better.
"Baby. Medicine." Billie said while holding the cough syrup infront of Wren's mouth.
Wren accepted her fate and took the medicine without a fight.
"And now it's time to rest." Billie calmly said quietly while bouncing the little on her hip.
"Yes mama." Wren laid her head on Billie's shoulder as they walked up the stairs.
Billie laid wren in the bed and put her pink bunny right beside her before tucking her into bed.
"What do you want to watch baby?"
"Beauty and the beast. Please." Wren said through coughs. Billie caressed her hair and placed a gentle kiss on her cheek.
"Mama gonna cuddle?" Her small voice cracked.
"Of course pumpkin."
Billie scooped up her little and laid there, holding her as she drifted off to sleep. As they both drifted off to sleep.

*one week later*
This week Billie and Wren are staying in Wrens apartment.
   Wren wasn't little but she was in her gallery painting while Billie caught up on some work.
   But wren also wasn't in a very good mood.
"Billie? Could I talk to wren please?" Claudia asked while walking in.
  "She's not in a great mood, but she's in her gallery, just knock before entering."
   Claudia just nodded and went towards the gallery. She knocked twice on the glass doors and stepped in when she heard Wrens frustrated voice.
    "Wren. There's a convention coming up for art. You could sell your art there next Thursday."
   "I can't sell shit."
It wasn't like wren to curse. She Claudia knew something was wrong.
   "What's wrong?"
"Nothing. I need to be alone. Could you ask Billie to come here." Wren cupped her hands on we her face and took a deep breath.
    Claudia ended up leaving but Billie still hadn't made her way to Wrens gallery. Wren dropped her paint brush and went out to see what Billie was doing.
   She was asleep.
Wren took another deep breath and just laid down by Billie, putting her head on Billie's chest.  
   Although Billie didn't wake up, wren still felt at ease. Her frustration seemed to disappear the moment she laid on Billie.
    The sound of Billie's heartbeat soothed Wren.
    "Angel. Is everything okay?" Billie sleepy voiced questioned as she combed her fingers through wrens hair.
   "Yeah, yeah everything's okay Bil."
"Are you sure baby?" Billies hands ran down the brunettes back as she gently planted kisses on her face.
   "I'm sure!" Wren giggled.
"Good. Now you look exhausted. What do you say we nap for a few hours?"
    "But you just woke up?" Wren looked into Billie's eyes, pecking her lips a few times making Billie chuckle.
   "I'm still tired baby."
"Bet"