Six • Abandoned?

Wren sat on her bed waiting for Avery to return home but it was now 3 in the morning.
   The music blaring in her ears was bringing a headache to her but she didn't care.
   Maybe it wasn't the music though. Maybe it was the constant crying and the horrible stress she's been feeling since Billie was taking care of for last week.
Wren hasn't seen Avery since that night.
That very embarrassing night.
Wren went into her special box high up in the closet.
There was the baby pink bunny she couldn't do anything without. But she hides it from Avery in case she doesn't like that.
Avery doesn't like littles. She's said it multiple times before.
And maybe that's why Billie was so calm and careful with Wren. Because she slipped. She slipped into her headspace.
She felt so much guilt and embarrassment and it sucked. It sucked horribly.
She squeezed her rabbit feeling some comfort she hadn't felt since she and Avery began dating.
She tucked it back into the box and laid on the bed. In the dark.
Her music continued to Blair loudly in her ears as she fell asleep.
   More days pass and Wren finally came to the conclusion Avery had abandoned her.
   That was until there was a few hard knocks on the main door. Wren trotted down the stairs, her vision blurry from all the tears she had shed. 
  She opened the door and there stood billie.
"Wren thank goodness you're okay. Where's Avery? She hadn't been to work in days. Weeks even." Billie said while walking into the apartment.
   "I think." Wren took a deep breath to prepare herself for the oncoming tears.
   "I think she abandoned me." She stated while the tears begged to be let out.
   "What? No no. Wren I don't think she'd abandon you. Maybe she's staying somewhere else. Doesn't she have family here?"
  "No. We moved her when I turned 18. Last year. I'm struggling alone. How could she leave me?" A few moments of silence passed before billie pulled wren into a secure hug.
   "There's no need to cry Wren. Go pack a bag of everything that's important to you alright? You've spent enough time alone."
   Wren just nodded subtly.
She made her way to the bedroom. The first thing she shoved in the bag was her headphones. They're a must have.
   And then it went her pink bunny, clothing, accessories and a simple pair of converse.
   And then it was her sketch book.
Next was some painting things she'd need to occupy herself while she's on her mood stabilizers.