Seven • She's fired?

Avery came back.
She was hunting wren down, asking everyone in the complex if they had seen her but they had nothing. Until she finally went inside and sat for a few hours.
Wren came home with Billie right behind her.
But Avery didn't know Billie was there.
"Where the hell were you Wren?" Avery questioned, getting up to tower over the arguably smaller girl.
"I couldn't stay here alone. I was with Billie." She responded, making Avery furious.
Billie listened in from the hall at the girls bickering.
And then she heard a loud smack. She rushed in to see wren holding her face with tears in her eyes.
"Avery what the fuck." Billie said lowly while grabbing wren by her arm.
"You can't take her anywhere. I'll call the police."
"I don't want to be here Billie. Don't leave me here." Wren begged.
"You get that? She's going with me."
Billie held wrens hand tightly and walked her out of the apartment.
"And you're fired. Don't come back."
Billie stopped outside of the building and set Wren on the steps.
"Let me see it love." She whispered while capturing Wrens chin in her hand.
She examined her face, noticing the red welted handprint that was rising upon her face.
"Stop crying for me. It's going to irritate it and make it burn even more."
Billie walked away expecting Wren to follow her but she just sat there, too afraid to move.
Billie let out a gentle sigh and walked back to Wren. She lifted her off of the stairs and carried her all the way back to her car.
Wren felt embarrassed and shy but Billie didn't mind carrying her.
*Way later that night*

Billie say down next to Wren on the couch, comforting her as she cried.
"I'm here. I'm here." She whispered.
Billie embraced her, casually placing soft kisses on her head.
   "I-I. I think I'm fine." Wren sniffled, removing the small pink rabbit from her lap.
   "You're not. You're just feeling numb right now and that's completely normal. Can I get you anything? Water? Cookies? I baked some oatmeal cookies and they're really good."
   How could wren say no? Billie seemed so excited for Wren to try her cookies so she politely accepted the offer.
   "Yayy! I'll go get you one."
Wren smiled to herself although her eyes still burned from crying so much.
   "Here you go Wren." Billie handed wren a really big oatmeal cookie. It was almost as big as Wrens hand.
   "T-thank you Billie." Wren smiled while taking a small bite out of the cookie.
   Billie was right. It is really good.