Thirteen • I want Billie

Wren overheard Billie and Finneas talking but she didn't know it wasn't about her.
   They were saying some things that made Wren's heart fall cold which made her run.
   She didn't think anyone would notice if she was gone. But Billie did.
  "Wren? Wren where are you? Please come out." Billie panicked while running everywhere backstage.
   Billie checked every place imaginable. The closets, bathrooms and the green room.
   Wren was nowhere.
But now it was time for Billie to get back onstage.
   "Claudia. Please could you search for Wren. She's gonna be nonverbal and she's crying a bit so please be gentle with her."
   Billie pleaded, her voice shaking as she entered the stage.
   At the end of the show Billie sprinted backstage, hoping Claudia and Wren would be there waiting but she never found her.
  Claudia walked outside and found Wren sitting on a crate outside.
   She was crying into her hands quietly, her sobs sounded like they were choking her by the way she was crying.
  "Hi Wren." Claudia said while kneeling down and placing her hand on Wren's knee.
   Wren looked at her and wiped her tears, attempting to say something but she was cut off with more tears.
"I-i. I want Billie." She sniffled, her voice sounding so small and innocent.
   "Okay okay, Let's take you back to Billie. What do you say?" Claudia stood up, waiting for Wren's response.   
   She nodded her head in agreement and then Claudia lifted her up and carried her inside.
   As soon as Billie saw Claudia carrying wren inside she gasped, quickly running up to her and grabbing wren, holding her tightly.
   "You're okay. I got you." She whispered, bouncing her around.
   "I'm taking her back to the hotel. I will see you guys at the airport tomorrow morning." Billie said while Wren rubbed her eyes, lying her head on Billie's shoulder.

(Back at the hotel)
Billie set Wren on the floor and handed her a coloring book and some crayons while she decided on what food to order.
"Honey. Can you tell me what you want to eat?" Billie asked while grabbing her laptop out of her bag.
"French fries. Ketchup." The little responded while coloring.
"Is that all? Do you want some juice or soda?"
"French fries. Ketchup" She repeated and Billie chuckled.
"Okay sassy pants. You'll get French fries and ketchup." She smiled.
  Later on it was bedtime, though Wren wasn't feeling so little Billie still wanted to show her love.
   She pulled Wren closer to her and rested her head on Wren's back.
   Her free hand drew shapes on wren's arm as she drifted off to sleep.
   And then it was time to wake up to pack and board the plane.