Eight • Little?

"I think pink really suits you Wren." Billie smiled, trying to help Wren pick an outfit for a picnic with Finneas and Claudia.

(For reference this is what Wren is wearing)

"Okay. Should we go now?" Wren tucked her hair behind her ears and watched Billie slide her shoes on.
  "Yep. Come on."
Once they arrived at the designated location Billie helped Wren out of the car, her eyes set in the small pink rabbit Wren always carried around.
   Wren cleared her throat, quickly feeling embarrassed and letting it fall back onto the seat of the car.
  "Don't you want to bring it?"
"N-no. I can leave it behind. Wouldn't want to lose it." She responded while stepping fully out of the car.
   They then made their way over to Finneas and Claudia who had just finished setting up the picnic.
   "Finny. This is Wren. Her ex used to work for us."
   "Why hello Wren. It's nice to meet you. This is my girlfriend Claudia." Finneas said with a warming smile.
  "Nice to meet you."
  Wren spoke slowly and super quietly. It wasn't like her to be so quiet, she was just... slipping into headspace.
   There were grapes and watermelon, strawberries and kiwis, oranges and bananas and so much more fruits in one bowl.
   It was a great small picnic until Finneas and Claudia had to leave before sundown.
   But it was relieving now that Wren could finally speak to Billie without stuttering over her words.
   "Wren. Love I have to ask you something. I want you to promise me you won't get mad or offended or even get upset. I don't mean it to hurt I just want an answer." Billie placed her hand on Wren's hand and watched her take a deep breath.
  Wren nodded, not saying anything.
"Promise me?"
  To be honest. Wren didn't believe in promises since Avery broke them all. But Billie brought her a type of comfort she hadn't felt in so long.
  "I. I promise." She spoke up.
"Okay." Billie started, pausing to sigh at herself for not preparing for this moment.
  "Are you. Are you a little?"
Wren gulped. She didn't know if she should respond or cry.
  Her cheeks warmed up with embarrassment as the tears finally broke through.  
  "There's no need to be embarrassed or cry Wren. I fully support it."
   Wren nodded, her eyelashes getting coated in the tears that finally escaped her wide eyes.
   "Come here." Billie opened her arms and guided wren onto her lap. She stroked her hair and hugged her as they sat in silence for a moment.
   "Thank you." Wren whispered.
"For what?"
  "Giving me the comfort and validation that I need. And I'm sorry for getting embarrassed or emotional when you try to help or care for me."